Chapter 2: Life Takes a Turn.

When Lily wakes up she found herself on her mum's bed. She went out of the room, rubbing her eyes and saw Jack was helping her mother in the kitchen. Just then he turns back.

"Oh! You're awake." said Jack.

"He wanted to see you before he goes, so he stayed." added Luna.

"How long have I been sleeping?" questioned Lily.

"About an hour. It's good, you needed rest anyway. Well... I'll be heading home now." said Jack. He headed towards Lily, hugged her and kiss her cheeks and turned to the door when Lily called out.

"Oh wait, I've to go to a shop to buy brushes, so I'll go with you."

"Alright, come on then."

Lily got ready in 5 minutes and left with Jack. They walked together hand in hand chatting and giggling at each others words.

Few minutes later, Jack dropped Lily in front of a lane. They gave each other a fist bump and bade goodbye.

Lily entered the pathway which headed towards a shop she desired to go to. She found it closed. It was difficult to find a shop open at this time as it was almost lunchtime but still, she hopefully walked ahead in search of an open shop. And fortunately she got one too.

At the end of the lane she saw an old shop in an unpleasant and unfavourable condition. Since it was a necessity, Lily went ahead to the shop.

When she entered the shop, she had a heavy and uncomfortable feeling. She neglected it but what bothered her more was a suffocating smell in the shop.

She was looking around as she was approaching the shopkeeper. The shop lady was looking as old as the shop, with wrinkles all over her face. Her white hair was pretty nicely bunned at the back.

She was the first to break their uneasy silence between them in the shop. "How can i help you miss?"

"Um... I need a set of brushes."

"Well enough!" The lady said and she went inside to bring the brushes. Just then Lily's glance fell on the set of brushes, which were hanging right in front of her. She gave a confused look 'cause if there were brushes outside, what made her go in.

Anyway, she ignored the thought and began to look around the store's objects and articles. After a few moments of roaming, she spotted a pretty attractive and beautiful pen. The pen had a colour amalgam of Royal blue and golden.

She lifted the pen out of the others and started to study it when the lady spoke in a soft and shaky voice. "Here. The brushes." She gave a last glance at the stack of books behind the pens.

Lily walks towards the lady with the pen in hand. She presented it the old lady and said "I shall buy this too."

It seemed that the lady's narrow eyes were slightly widened, and she had the slightest smirk on her face. But that expression lasted just for a couple of seconds and it faded away, giving her normal appearance back to her face.

"Certainly!" said the Lady and she took the pen that Lily presented and back to them inside a paper bag with the cash receipt inside.

"You bill is $5.2. $3 for the brush and $2.2 for the pen."

Lily thought twice about the as it was too costly for a pen, but in the end she decided to buy it. She paid the price and the lady handed her the bag. Smiling, Lily turned around and walked towards the exit.

* * *

It was almost quarter past one on the clock. Lily had her lunch just a moment ago. She went to her room and sat on her bed with the book she was reading: THE FALSUM.

She was so much heeded into the book, she almost forgot the world she was actually in, and the happenings.

It was 4:30 when she finished reading the whole book and decided to take an hours break by having a short nap.
It was six on the clock, when she woke up because of the loud ringing of her phone. She picked it up "Yeah, what's up?" she spoke to the person in a sleepy tone.

"Good evening, miss. Had a good nap?" said Jack

"Yes."

Jack chuckled and said "I have a proposal for you."

Instantly, her sleepy tone changed into an excited one.

"Another one?" said Lily. "And what is that?"

"Yep... I was just wondering, if you have no problem, of course..."

"Oh... Don't hesitate, boy!"

"Well, I want to take you out tomorrow."

"So much hesitation to say this! Of course I'll come. Well I'm rather feeling better after your visit."

Jack chuckled and said, "Okay, settle then. Tomorrow 10:30 AM."

"Yeah, sure!"

Lily hung up the phone and got up from her bed and went to the living room downstairs.

She gave a kiss on her mothers cheeks. Then she passed to the kitchen, picked some food and then went back to her room.

She opened the paper bag of the brushes and the pen and took them out. Her wide blue eyes admired the pen. She decided to use it for the first time.
She took out a piece of paper wrote the time of her date for tomorrow.

As soon as she was done writing, and kept the pen on the table, the piece of paper glowed like it would be able to lit an entire auditorium in just a finger snap. And right then she got sucked inside the paper.

* * * * *
Comment ur opinions.

Have a good read. K bye! ;)