Prologue

Summer. Summer was a time that everyone could enjoy. Nice weather, great things to do... But this wasn't one of those great times. A future timeline was majorly effected. Millions of people were slaughtered without a second thought. The heroes who were called to fight thought it was all over, but... The news travelled all over the place, all about the battle these heroes had to face. Eventually, it got back to someone who was all too familiar with the enemy they had faced. A little boy, who only lived with his mother. His jet black hair flowing gracefully in the wind as he stood outside, his arms crossed against his chest with his eyes closed. It seemed that this was the first ounce of peace he ever got, and the young boy was taking in the sound of birds chirping, and the feeling of the gentle breeze against his face.

A strange feeling carried in the breeze. A specific ki feeling, though it was very weak. It wasn't too far from the boy, yet it posed no immediate threat. The moment that strange feeling had settled in, the boy opened his eyes as a frown formed on his face. He turned his head, allowing his arms to fall to his sides as he decided to follow the ki he was sensing. The moment he stepped closer, his eyes were met with a young girl.

The young girl was hiding in the hole of a rotting tree, cowering in fear. She had soft, bright blue eyes and hair as white as the clouds, with fair skin to match. She was shaking, locking eyes with the young boy. The boy’s emerald green eyes stared into this girl’s bright blue orbs, the eye contact giving him a moment to understand what she was feeling. Slowly, he kneeled down to her. He took his time, watching her reactions carefully as he slowly extended his hand out to her with upmost patience.

The girl tries to back up further into the tree, but she hits the back almost immediately. Her body continued to shake, as she looks at him, completely frightened. The boy’s eyes never moved. Noticing her frightened state, his eyes seemed to soften as he kept his hand out to her. “I will not harm you.” His voice lacking the innocence any normal child should have, yet sounding soft and understanding.

"You... Won't?" The girl asks, her voice raspy, probably from not speaking for so long.

“I will not.” The boy responded calmly, edging his hand a little closer to her as he leant down to her, his other hand clutching the edge of the hole. “Take my hand.”
She swallows, slowly and shakily taking his hand. For being inside a tree, her hands weren't as rough and dirty as expected. The boy wrapped his fingers around her hand, creating a secure grip on her. He gently pulled her up to the wall of the hole, then bent down even further to place a hand under her arm and lifted her out with unusual ease for a child.

She was around his age, maybe a little younger. She looks up at him, her body still shaking, but not as bad as before. She looks at her surroundings, seemingly unaware of where she was. The boy’s eyes remained on the girl, watching her weary movements. “You look hungry, are you hungry?” He asked with a tilt of his head.

"Hungry...?" The girl questions, finally looking up at him. "What's that...?"

“Let me rephrase… do you want to… eat?” The boy rephrased his wording, clearly, she didn’t understand much about concepts of a standard world right now. Maybe it was a temporary setback? He didn’t know, but this much told him that she was not of Earth origin.

"Yes..." She says slowly. "I want to eat." She speaks slowly, her stomach growling at the same time. She looked extremely malnourished, so her stomach's protests shook her tiny frame.

The boy looked down to their hands, as he was still holding hers. He nodded briefly, then turned and started to lead her through the woods. “Do you have a name?”