Chapter One- The Break Up

Kion was trotting to the Tree of life it had been a few months said he was crowned future king of the Tree of life and mate of Rani, his thoughts were put on hold though when he heard Rani talking to an unfamiliar male, curious, he took a peek inside seeing if it was an animal who needed help or not.

Though he was shocked to see Rani licking the cheek of the unfamiliar male, Kion was heart broken, somewhat atleast. If Rani didn't want to be with him anymore, she could have just said so instead of lying to him! "Rani what the actual hell!" The golden furred lion shouted at his 'mate', this caused Rani to back away from the unfamiliar tan-ish lion, about his old friend Tiifu's color, he also had black hair and yellow eyes. Before Kion could speak to ask who this tan lion was, Rani ran up to him pleading for forgiveness, saying "It was his fault!" over and over with tears in her eyes.

"Who is this lion." Kion growled as he looked at Rani, but to the lion when he heard them start to speak. "M-my name is Kai, I'm so sorry, I didn't know she had a mate already!" Kai spoke with fear but truthfulness, Kion sighed. "I can see you speak the truth, You are dismissed and may stay at the tree of life." The golden lion spoke, eyeing at Kai's missing paw, it seemed to have only recently came off about a day or so ago. Kai nodded as a thank you and limped out of the tree of life, Kion then looked at the brown lioness before him.

She opened her mouth to speak, "No, I don't want to hear it." Kion said immediately. "You've betrayed my love and trust, We're done." Rani was in shock as he said this, the golden furred lion turned and walked out, taking a final glace at his now ex-mate. "Good luck taking care of this place by yourself, me and the lion guard leave by morning." He growled before he walked out.