Afterwords

Thanks for reading CodeVein: The Survivor and Artemis from start to finish! I am 佐佑日月 (MING), a newcomer writer in the fiction writing and fan-fiction writing sphere. This is my first piece of story here on Wattpad and my first overall fan-fiction/novelization of CodeVein. If you don't mind, leave a comment and vote on my story. Also feel free to follow my Wattpad profile as well as on Twitter and Instagram!

The source material CodeVein is a game I enjoyed playing alot and the story between Mia, Nicola and Carmilla presented in the flashback sequence from restoring the vestiges was one of my favorite story parts of the game. For people that don't know the game, CodeVein is an action RPG video game in the "Souls-like"-subgenre. The game itself is however a spin-off to the God Eater series and set in the same post-apocalyptic world as the God Eater games. Actually, I sort of wrote this story in a way to try and include the people who haven't played either of the games.

To be fair, I don't feel like this short-story should be called a fan-fiction as there aren't many original story parts in it. Essentially, what I did is to write down the transcript from the game including the dialogues and monologues of the characters, pieced together a story from them and presented it the way I did here. I guess, I retelling or novelization of the game event is a better way to describe this piece.

I mainly wrote this story as an exercise and to test out the working process of actually writing a finished story. For me the most challenging part to write was Carmilla's parts. Carmilla is a very cool and very interesting character, but the game only gave you a little glimps into who she was. A mother figure that cannot afford to show any weaknesses and does her best to guide the children her way. I have no experience of being a parent, which is why I think, writing her parts was alot harder than Mia and Nicola.

When it comes to Mia's part however... as much as I liked this part of the story, Mia as a character barely had any remarkable or outstanding personality traits. As thus, I was sort of trying to figure out how I should present her along the way. In the end, I really felt like just poking fun at her, which is why most of her parts are... that.

Once again! Thank you for taking your time and reading this one short story and I hope that you at least enjoyed it somewhat. Next, I am writing my next piece of story, which is a crossover fan-fiction of Doctor Who and Amelia Watson from HoloLive!

Kind regards.

佐佑日月 (MING).