4

MangaMain article:

Death Note is written by and illustrated by . The series ran in 's from December 1, 2003 to May 15, 2006. The series' 108 chapters were collected into twelve volumes by Shueisha, released from April 2, 2004 to July 4, 2006. A chapter, titled "C-Kira Story" (, C-Kira-hen), was published in Weekly Shōnen Jump on February 9, 2008. Set two years after the manga's epilogue, it sees the introduction of a new Kira and the reactions of the main characters in response to the copycat's appearance. Several Death Note (four-panel comics) appeared in . The yonkoma were written to be humorous. The Akamaru Jump issues that printed the comics include 2004 Spring, 2004 Summer, 2005 Winter, and 2005 Spring. In addition Weekly Shōnen Jump Gag Special 2005 included some Death Note yonkoma in a Jump Heroes Super 4-Panel Competition. Shueisha re-released the series in seven volumes from March 18 to August 19, 2014. On October 4, 2016, all 12 original manga volumes and the February 2008 one-shot were released in a single All-in-One Edition, consisting of 2,400 pages in a single book.

In April 2005, announced that they had licensed the series for English release in North America. The twelve volumes were released from October 10, 2005 to July 3, 2007. The manga was re-released in a six-volume omnibus edition, dubbed "Black Edition". The volumes were released from December 28, 2010 to November 1, 2011. The All-in-One Edition was released in English on September 6, 2017, resulting in the February 2008 one-shot being released in English for the first time.

In addition, a guidebook for the manga was also released on October 13, 2006. It was named Death Note 13: How to Read and contained data relating to the series, including character profiles of almost every character that is named, creator interviews, behind the scenes info for the series and the pilot chapter that preceded Death Note. It also reprinted all of the yonkoma serialized in Akamaru Jump and the Weekly Shōnen Jump Gag Special 2005. Its first edition could be purchased with a Death Note-themed diorama which includes five finger puppets inspired by Near's toys. The five finger puppets are Kira, L, Misa, Mello, and Near. In North America, 13: How to Read was released on February 19, 2008.

In the June 2019 issue of Shueisha's it was announced that a new one-shot chapter of Death Note would be published. Part of the complete manuscript debuted at the "30th Work Anniversary Takeshi Obata Exhibition: Never Complete" event which ran in Tokyo from July 13 to August 12, 2019. Titled "Death Note: Special One-Shot", the entire 87-page chapter was published in the March issue of Jump Square on February 4, 2020 and on Viz's website. A collected volume titled Death Note: Short Stories (DEATH NOTE, Desu Nōto Tanpenshū), which includes the February 2008 one-shot chapter, the "Special One-Shot" (re-titled "a-Kira Story" , a-Kira-hen), the series' pilot chapter and the "L: The Wammy's House"/"L: One Day" one-shot chapters and more, was released on February 4, 2021.

Main article:

The Death Note anime, directed by and animated by , began airing in Japan on October 3, 2006, and finished its run on June 26, 2007, totaling 37 twenty-minute episodes. The series aired on the network "every Tuesday at 23:34". The series was co-produced by Madhouse, Nippon Television, , D.N. Dream Partners and .

ne free on Adult Swim Video, with a new episode available every Saturday afternoon, on the day of its broadcast premiere. On July 26, 2017, announced that they would be offering episodes of the series for their Video on Demand