Chapter 1: A Mysterious Green Fellow

"This feels... Familiar..." Lumine muttered as she looked down upon her hands.

She couldn't shake off the feeling that a gaze fell upon her throughout her way to Mondstadt.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On their way towards the entrance gate to the city, they were halted by the two guards standing by each side of the entrance.

"Welcome to Mondstadt, strange yet respectable Travelers. Please state your identity and intended destination. The Knights of Favonius are here to ensure your safety."

The expressions that the guards had on their faces indicates that they've never met these kinds of travelers before and was rather confused in a way.

"O-oh- Uh- Well my name is Lumine and this is Paimon-" Paimon spoke out of panic.

Lumine was rather wide-eyed at the same time she was not that surprised this would happen.

"She means I'm Lumine and she is Paimon, we've come here to- Explore the city of Mondstadt." Lumine said as she knows that it would be less of a headache to state their actual intentions.

The gentlemen nodded and allowed for the two travelers to enter the city.

"Welcome to the City of Freedom!" Paimon exclaimed loudly as the two of them finally arrived at their first destination in Teyvat.

The Sun was shining brightly through the clouds, lightening the concrete buildings and pathways, the birds were chirping like they were singing a melody, you could hear the chitter-chatter of many amongst the city, the air was so fresh that it felt like Heaven itself. They saw a person who was crafting a weapon, some people were selling some goods to customers and most of all, the atmosphere around the city felt so relaxing and relieving, hence the name - The City of Freedom.

The curious travelers wandered around the city for awhile, seeing the plaza, the people of Mondstadt, they went to the front of the Favonius Cathedral where a huge statue lies upon the ground. The statue was so big that they had to back up their steps in order to get a good view of the statue. Their expressions in awe, Lumine noticed someone that particularly stood out to her that was standing right below the statue. The person was standing alone and dressed like a Bard of some sort, he was dressed in green with a black bow with some yellow stripes on his chest, wore a rather fluffy cape and a beret-like hat that had a flower attached to it, he has dark blue hair with two short braids that fade into a cyan colour. Lumine could've sworn she saw the braids glowed an aqua colour.

Soon this examination had been interrupted by a tug to Lumine's shoulder.

"Hey wait a minute! It's that guy with that big blue ferocious beast earlier!" Paimon stared at the young bard who was calmly stroking the strings of the lyre he is holding.

Not long after, the bard noticed their presences near him. He gazed upon the otherworldly travelers, he was smiling on one hand and the other he was still casually stroking his lyre. Lumine had that strange feeling again- Was this- The same gaze she felt on their way to Mondstadt? His gaze was so gentle yet it held mischievous intents but it was also a rather sorrowful gaze, one who had seen and gone through so much, a longing gaze for someone, a friend perhaps.

"Ah, I've been awaiting for your arrival Dear Traveler." The bard stopped stroking his lyre and proceeds to walk towards Lumine and Paimon.

"You're the guy who we've saw earlier with that huge beast!" Paimon shouted.