Chapter 1

Lily Started- 16 Lightning Started- 15 Ended- 32 Returned- 35

It was the first race of the season and Lily was winning. It was only her third season and was doing great.

"Good job rookie, you're on the last lap." said Doc.

It was close between Lily and Storm, Chick's son. With the last move she won as usual Storm was mad like Chick when he raced The King and Lightning. After The King retired he focused on Lightning.

"NICE JOB ROOKIE!" said Doc.

Lightning just smiled, Doc saw the look on his face and knew what was wrong. He had stopped racing three seasons ago and missed it just like himself. Except racing longer than Doc. When they got home they went and said hi to everyone. While they congratulated her Doc stood next to him.

"You miss racing don't you?" he said.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, sometimes I wish I was still racing." he said.

"You can go back you know." said Doc.

"I don't know Doc, I want to but I don't wanna repeat of what happened." he said.

A few days later Lightning, Doc and Lily were training. Since Lightning was done he would help Doc with Lily. She was working on something she was having trouble with. When all of a sudden she lost it.

"LILY!" yelled Lightning.

The two of them hurried over to her.

"Are you ok?" asked Doc.

She nodded and got up.

"OW!" she said.

Doc looked at her and said, "It looks like you broke your axle. I don't think you can do this season rookie."

She looked like she was going to cry.

"But, but why?" she asked.

"Lily, you hurt your axle how are you supposed to race?" said Lightning.

When they got back and her all set she sat in her room cried.

"What are we gonna do Sally? She's so upset."

She looked at him for a minute.

"What?"

"You miss racing don't you?" she said.

"Yeah, why?" he said suspicious.

"Well, why don't you talk to Doc and see if he says you still have some in you and if he says yes tell her that you'll do it for her?" she said.

He looked at her, "Sally I'm done racing."

"I know but we all know you miss it and we all miss seeing you racing. It hurts to say it but, we think you're a lot better than her." she said.

"Really?" he said.

She nodded her head.

"We just didn't know how to say it. They wanted me to say it since we're married and we have been hiding it since you got home from your last race."

He thought for a minute and sighed.

"Alright let's go see Doc."

So they went to his room and told him the idea.

"I like your idea, and like I said, you do have enough in ya for some more." he said.

"I'll think about it throughout the season if she says yes." he said smiling.

When they got home they went into Lily's room and told her his idea.

"You'd do that for me? Even though you're done?" she said smiling.

"Of course I would and while we were doing that Doc said I have a bit more in me for some more racing. I'm not saying yes now, but I might be back next season." he said.

"That would be awesome!" she said.

After she said yes they told Doc and the next day he started to train Lightning back into enough shape for one more season. After training he called Mack and told him what was going on. He said it was fine and was glad he was coming back for the season.