Chapter 9

A week later they were on their way to a race, two days later they were waiting for go. Two hundred laps to do this time. When it started he started like he always does and then around the last few laps Storm started to aim at him. He got his old side good which got him to take a deep breath and try to keep going. He was having trouble right now with ignoring the pain. He could survive it at first but after it being the same spot it was getting hard.

"You ok?" Doc asked nervous when he heard the first sound.

"Yea, just really hurts right now." he said trying to ignore it.

He sped up the best he could but wasn't sure he could finish this race.

"When you get close come here ok?" Doc said really worried.

Meanwhile back home,

"There's no way he can finish this. Maybe the season." Ramone said.

After seeing what happened they were all worried, especially Sally.

"What if he's really done this time?" she said.

Back at the race Lily here's what happened and is worried sick and furious at Storm.

"That's it! You wanna do something to my dad, you're in for it!" she snapped.

She sped up to try and get to him.

"Do you think you can finish this?" Doc asked

"I don't know Doc, it really hurts but on the last lap and almost done."

"Why don't you try. I know you can do it, it's only the fourth race so go as slow as you can today, ok?"

He nodded his head and winced bad but tried to get back.

"Well looks like Lightning is still tough after a little repeat of his beginning and he still is going to finish it!"

Flo looked over at Doc and was amazed at the look he has on his face. She was worried and had seen him worried about Lightning but she had never seen him that worried. He was that worried that it made his accident worse than when he got it.

'Come on, you can do it. Just finish up and then you'll be done with it.' he thought to himself.

A few seconds later he was done and was shocked that he was in fourth place even though he was slower than usual. After the race he could barely move from the pain he was in.

"Don't worry kid it's gonna be fine let's get you home today and I can look at you." Doc said.

When they got home everyone was worried Sally was the most. She and Lily started to cry a bit. Flo hung onto Ramone while she was worried sick along with everyone else.

"Come on kid you could do it once you can do again! You wanna be a racer again don't you?" Doc said trying to get him back.

He was worried sick but won't say it.

"Yeah, I was there last season and after what happened back then." Lightning said.

A few hours later Doc was done with him and glad it was easier than the first time because he knew where he needed to fix.

"Is he ok? Is he really done before the end of this one?" Asked Lily scared.

They knew it would kill all of them.

He smiled and nodded his head, "Don't worry, he just needed me to put things back where they need to be. He'll be back next week."

Everyone was relieved and glad he could still do it.

A week later he was really back like nothing happened. While he was resting that week he and Doc had come up with an idea. If Lightning was starting to get sore to bad or hurt during it then Doc would take it from there. So he called them and told them their idea and they said they would let him do it because they were the two best racers there ever was.