Chapter 26: LUCKY

"Oh it's early morning, she just had a shower so it's removed," Daniel explained

oh man he came up with the lie very fast. And it's a brilliant one too. I guess he is pro in lying.

I nodded my head. "Ok, then I will leave for now," Shelly said while smiling.

She was just about to go out of the house but suddenly she received a call. We waited for her to end her conversation.

"It was my son, he is on his way to pick me up. So he told me to wait here only."

"Then come sit down, you don't have to stand on the porch.' I requested.

Daniel also nodded his head and Shelly was once again on the same spot as before on the sofa.

"You both can get dressed. It's already time to go office." Shelly watched her watch.

"Then I will go and get ready." I went to my room.

"You keep your dresses there?" Shelly asked as I was about to enter my room.

Why in this world she wants to know everything. She is literally like my know it aunt Sheli. I guess the only nationality is different personality is same.

"Umm YEAH!!!" I  scowled.

____________________________________________

I got dressed hastily. And got out of my room. Daniel entered his room to get dressed.

"And Daniel keeps his clothes there?" Shelly once again started her detective skill.

"It's just that I have more clothes so I used that room to keep them," I answered her. 

Did she buy it?

"UMM.."

Daniel got out all dressed up looking all professional and for sure handsome.

"You both work in the same company right?" 

"Yes." We both sinked.

"I used to have one Nepali friend before." Shelly started her story.

Yeah, I think her friend must have been Sheli aunt only.

"I liked the way how she used to wear all those red saree, sindoor, and always wear tikka."

Once again she is changing her direction to sindoor. I am sure she wants me to put that on. Is she really here to just meet me. I think she wanted to confirm wheater Daniel is telling truth or not. Or did she heard that Daniel's wife has left him? She is really cunning.

"I just remembered about her. I loved their culture..."

"... It's not like all Nepali wear them. Especially only Hindu women wear them since it's their culture." I snapped.

"Ohhh... It's according to religion," Shelly quivered.

"Yeah. It is according to culture and wishes." Daniel agreed.

"Then.." I don't think she is going to leave us today.

''....Oh, shoot I forgot it." I went inside Daniel's room.

His room was all cleaned up. It was cleaner than my room. All the things were placed as mine but I loved his mini couch in front of a window. He also had a big bookshelf where he had tons of books including my favorite.

"So he loves reading books like me too."

Search for it.

I started rummaging his cupboard for sindoor. I finally found it along with a beautiful maroon-colored wedding gown that had a hit of golden petals. It was just like the one I wanted to wear at my wedding. It was a perfect yet classic one.