Chapter One

After all that I have left behind, I moved to Italy to start once again, to give myself another chance to
live. I missed Istanbul, the place I was born in, I missed it's fresh air in the early mornings, and of course I missed Halam and the girls.But I had no choice, as hard as it seems..I was forced to do this, to stay away because bearing the pain of going back would be even worse..

Never would I have ever thought that living my so called "dream" would be this way.I am working the hardest I have ever had here, and graduation is almost there. I would soon graduate, but not the way that I wanted to, not with Serkan not by my side, but it was his choice..He knew I was leaving, and he had another chance to confess, but he chose to stay silent. The thoughts running through my head were "maybe he didn't love me in the first place", "maybe he really wanted to get back with Selin"and "maybe it wasn't meant for the robot to fall in love with the peri kizi after all.." I was distracted through my thought when my phone started ringing. It was Ceren:

"Kuzum nasılsın?"

"I'm fine Ceren, how's everything going, how is Halam and Melo and Fifi?"

"And..."

"And how is Serkan.."

Ever since I've left to Italy, I've always asked Ceren about Serkan to check on him and how he's doing, without him knowing obviously.Even though he didn't stop me and had no problem in me leaving to settle in another country he's always been in control of thoughts and there isn't a second that I spend without thinking about him.And that's the hard part about it, forgetting. How could you possibly forget if those thoughts refuse to leave your mind with any cost, and stick with you countlessly day and night?

Coming into realization is the hardest part, I still can't believe that Eda has left for Italy, four months have been passing by like fourty years. I never used to understand people who said the phrase "life has no taste without you" but now I understand it better than ever.

Now everyday feels the same without her, and my biggest struggle is having to live with the pain of regret everyday more that the one before.

Everyday my first thought waling up in the morning is "why didn't you tell her not to leave?" "why didn't you tell her you were in love with her you stupid?!"

And for a constant number of days now I've been having the same dream, I hear her calling my name, but I'm left arround in a deserted forest with dark bushes and trees surrounding me, I try to run after her rear barely visible shadow but the only thing I can hear is her calling, and when I'm almost about to grab her hand and stop her from leaving I wake up again.

After having those constant dreams or in this case nightmares, I decided that non sleeping would be less bearable, then Engin called:

"Abi naber?"

"I'm fine Engin.."

"Aren't you coming to the office today?"

"No"

"Abi look, you can't stay like that, it's been over a month since you last came here, and when you came you didn't even bare stay for a minute and left"

He was right, last time I went there I couldn't even bare standing in the office, everything..every single inch of that place reminded me of her. Her desk that she used to sit on, the flowers that were decorating her desk, and when I came into my room it became even worse, I could still feel her scent that drived me insane in the room, I could see her all around, sitting on the chair next to me telling me to be nice when I'm rude to my employees or mad, standing in the balcony getting fresh air after our arguments, and when I saw the flower that fell from her and I kept in the glass pot sitting on the desk that's when I lost it and rushed out of the office.

"I'm sorry Engin I won't come to day as well and for a while.."

"Serkan look, I can't bear seeing you like that, in all our years of friendship I have never seen you this way, you're in pain and don't think that I don't know what's going on, you're in pain because you're in love with Eda, but you didn't stop her when she was leaving"

"I was going to confess to her, I followed her to the airport to tell her but when I arrived she was already gone"

"I wouldn't be able to tell you don't blame yourself Serkan, even though I'm not only you're best friend but like you're brother I won't tell you that, if you truly love her..then go get a ticket and find her, confess to her..maybe she feels the same, maybe she loves you as well"

When I heard those words from Engin that was it, I've been thinking about doing that for a while now, but his words cut the rope stopping me. As much as it's hard to confess, I need her, need her by my side, to see her everyday, to move her brown strands of hair away from her face so that I can see her bright shiny eyes. I need her..and I won't let her go..

Hi guys! hope you're doing amazing, I hope you liked this chapter, it isn't necessary going to be as long as the others but it's just to start everything off, it truly has been a long time since I have wrote and I miss it. I would be more than happy to read any of your suggestions and ideas or things that you didn't like either.

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Enjoy 🥰♥️

-PeriHanya