Chapter 1

Hey guys this is my first official chapter hope you guys enjoy 💜
There are 1058 words

14 years ago ( when Lando and Lottie were 7 )
"Daddy will Lando remember me," I said very hesitantly, scared that my best friend wouldn't recognize me. After all we hadn't seen each other in 7 months due to Lando's busy racing schedule.

"I'm sure he will remember you, I talked with Lando's dad and he said Lando has been counting down the days,"

As I check my watch I see it has turned exactly 7:50 the time Lando's flight gets here I start frantically running around and trying to see if I can find him in the large group of people all coming out of the airplane at once.

My father not even trying to stop me from running around is also looking around to see if he could spot Lando and his father.

"There he is," I scream and run towards him as fast as I could, trying not to bump into anyone. The minute he sees me he also starts running towards me and embraces me in a warm hug.

Lando's POV
I only had 3 more minutes till, my flight landed, I was so excited to see Lottie that I couldn't wait. Last time I saw her she was 6 and I just missed her birthday, it was the first birthday we ever celebrated apart.

"Lando get your stuff ready we are taxing and stop bouncing your leg I know your excited," I could hear my father saying. I hadn't even noticed that I was bouncing my leg it was a bad habit that I picked up from Lottie she would do it when she was scared, so I do it whenever I missed her.

I soon ran out of the airplane and started to look for her, which was kinda hard since it was a pretty big flight with a considerable amount of people. Suddenly I saw her out of the corner of my eye and I heard her yell Lando.

I ran as fast as I could and then embraced her in a tight warm hug.

" I missed you, don't ever leave for that long again," I heard her say

I quickly replied a "I won't," In the background I could hear my dad and he dad talking

"Please tell me you got that on camera," my dad said "Yes I did, there so adorable," I heard Lottie's father say.

Lotties POV
After giving Lando a long hug, even though it didn't feel long enough I heard my dad talk to Lando's dad in a hushed voice so I put a finger on my mouth telling Lando to be quiet so that I could hear what they were taking about.

"How's GG," ( my mother ) I heard Lando's dad say.

"She's okay, you know how she is. Doctor says pregnancy with her condition is very hard and dangerous but she tells me it's fine, though I don't know if I believe her. I tried to convince her to just not come pick Lando up but she new how excited Lottie was and didn't want to disappoint her," I hear my dad say.

My mom was six months pregnant with my brother. The pregnancy was hard and painful for her, she would always act fine around my dad but when it would be just me and her she would sometimes yell because of the pain, after she would wink at me signaling that this was our little secret. It was very painful for me to watch as I didn't like to see my mother in pain like any other child but my mom was a strong woman so I thought nothing of it.

Lando looked at my worried, but I brushed it of pulling him to the stores. "My mom gave me $30 we can spend on snacks and food what do you want to get," I said pushing the thought of my mother to the back of my head, not wanting to be sad.

I pick out a bottle of Dr Pepper that was rare because my dad didn't like me drinking soda, a Pringles, and a ice cream for later. Lando then chose a Fanta, a Lays ( me and Lando often had fights about wether Pringles was better or Lays ), and a ice cream. We both ran back to our dads showing them our snacks.

"Alright kids eat your ice cream and save you soda and your chips for tomorrow don't want you to eating to much before bedtime," Lando's father said.

After getting ready for bed, we went to bed at around 9:30 staying up to watch sponge bob. We had bunk beds in the hotel and I slept on the top and Lando on the bottom. Shortly after I went to bed my dad worke me up saying that mom was going into labor at just six months and that wasn't good but that I shouldn't worry and that Lando's father will drive me back home and that he was going right now to be with my mom.

Not wanting to worry I climbed into bed with Lando scared that I would have another nightmare.

"I heard what your dad said, it's okay your mom is very strong don't worry," Lando whispered

I was very grateful for him and that night I didn't have a nightmare and I fell asleep on a very warm Lando's chest, slowly listening to his breathing slow down and falling asleep with him.

1 month after
I never thought this day would come. We were at my mothers funeral, she had died shortly after giving birth to my brother stillborn ( stillborn means born dead ) the doctors say she had lost to much blood. The funeral had lots of people attending. My mother was the nicest person and had helped at least every person on our block once. The neighborhood chipped in and gave her a very grand funeral, a funeral that she deserved.

Lando's POV
I couldn't imagine how Lottie was feeling her mom had just died, she was incredibly strong if my mother died I would not be as composed as she was.

"Don't worry Lottie your mom is still watching over you," I said to her as I started to see tears form in her eyes.