Twenty

Lori stood next to Klaus as he closed Rebekah's coffin, Lori had long since changed into a more comfortable white dress. Lori turned when she heard the clinking of heels, "have you seen Jace?" she asked turning to Klaus. "I sent him looking for my family" Klaus said looking up from the coffin, "yeah but that was this morning" she responded. Both Lori and Klaus turned to look at each other, Klaus turned back to the coffin putting his hand on it "sweet dreams Rebekah" he said before turning to the hybrid "show her to her room won't you" the Hybrid responded with a "sure" before walking over and wheeling the coffin out.

Lori tensed when she heard Klaus speak again, not to her but to their new guest. "I'm surprised you're still in town" Klaus called before turning to look past Lori, "i gave you youre freedom you could have gone anywhere" Lori immediately turned around to face Stefan leaning on a wall. "I live here Klaus" Stefan replied cooly, "well if we're playing this game then uh i was here first" Klaus said before turning to a still tended Lori.

"Go" he whispered bringing his hand up to her arm, she jumped before turning to him. She turned back to Stefan giving him the hardest glare she could muster (which wasn't even hard) and turned towards the stairs. She walked off and up the stairs turning down a hallway where Klaus had said her room would be, it was a pretty large room by the looked of it with its own bathroom and walk in Closet.

Lori had begged Klaus for a nice room although she didn't have to because Klaus had already decided on her room, Lori slowly walked around the room and towards the two large windows on the back wall. They still needed a lot to finish but if the hybrids kept up there work they'd be done in a few days.

~~~

After a long day of shopping for room decorations and books along with some clothes, Lori missed the whole day of Klaus getting his coffins back. Lori walked in with at least 4 bags in each hand before she set them down observing the quiet house, it was night time by now and all that was heard were the sound of something scratching the floor.

Lori looked around before walking off turning down another room, she turned walking to where Klaus stood along with a hybrid in front of him. That wasn't all, there was another guest. Lori brought her hand up to her mouth as a gasp tumbled out before she could stop it, the hybrids body fell with a thud as Elijah stood holding his bloodied heart.

"So Niklaus" Elijah said sound out of breath probably from recently waking up, "Elijah" Klaus said still shocked. Elijah walked forward which made Klaus instinctively move in front of Lori, covering her small body. "What'd i miss" Elijah said looking between Lori and a still bewildered Klaus.