Waltz

If any member of the fam were told that in a years' time they'd be traveling trough space and time in life-threatening adventures with a strange alien woman who fell out of the sky one night; they'd say that that's crazy and walk away. But here they are, traveling around the universe with the Doctor, seeing things they could never have dreamed of; most of it was amazing, but sometimes it can be haunting with a few too many close calls. But they loved it, and they loved the Doctor and wouldn't trade it for the world.

The Doctor is a strange character; she reminds them of a child at times; excited about everything and full of energy and wonder. She's very caring, always trying to help anyone she can and will do whatever she possibly could to do make that happen. Full of smiles, speeches, and bubbly happiness that could light up any room. But every so often they'd catch a small glimpse of something else, a darker side of the Doctor- but it's always gone as soon as it's there. Until recently.

Ever since her confrontation with... Him... She's been different. More distant and quiet, and sometimes she just freezes in place with a far away look in her eyes, and once she snaps out of it she looks around like she's confused. It's beyond concerning.

And yes, she was never really open with them and was always secretive- but this was different. It's like she is a shell of her former self, she used to talk up a storm and now she barely speaks, and her eyes which used to shine brighter than the sun itself, looked so dull. But they try to help; they ask her what's wrong, (but she always changes the subject) and they try to joke around with her, try to make her smile, but sometimes it's like they do more harm than good.

They wish she would just talk to them, or someone ANYONE! But no. And it's infuriating! They just want to help her- it's like she doesn't want to be helped! And she deserves it dang it! So they'll keep trying, she deserves to be helped because that's what she does for everyone else. Which brings them to today.

The Fam have just arrived at the TRADIS, it was a bit early; but they were fine with that. They just needed a quick breakfast and they'd be good to go. And the Doctor was acting a bit more like herself today, wide smiles full of excitement. But there was something off about it; they didn't know why they thought that, she looked perfectly fine, so they moved on.

"So Fam, what do you feel like having for breakfast today! I'm not good at making food, and I don't like most of it; especially pears- don't get me started on pears- but I'm still interested on what you'd like to eat. I feel like you can know a lot about a person just on what they eat for breakfast..." She continued to ramble on until they made it to the kitchen which made them happy. It's nice to see her like this again.

"I've already had breakfast today with my family, so I'll just have some tea today. If that's okay with you, Doctor." Yaz said while looking over to her alien friend.

"That sounds great! I could go for a cuppa too with some custard creams. Do you want a custard cream, Yaz?" The Doctor said smiling, Yaz shook her head. "Alright then, just tea then. More for me haha."

She then opened the cuporb only to reveal that they only had one tea packet left. And no custard creams. Ryan and Graham opened the fridge only to find out that it was empty. The Doctor continued to stare at the empty tea box.

"Uh, so how do you feel about eating out, Doc?" Graham asked. He is probably the only person in the entire universe that can get away with calling the Doctor 'Doc.'

"Hm? Oh- eating out? That sounds like fun! Here on Earth or somewhere else?"
She asked them.