Deer Rider

My name is Graceline Herchenroder, and I am a Deer Rider.

We are an ancient civilization that hides deep in the woods of Germany; the Black Woods to be exact, also known as Schwarzwald. But now that I've told you, you can NOT tell anyone. If we are found, the delicate balance of our nature and government will be utterly destroyed. They will take our ways, our rites, our customs...

And, our deer.

As our name depicts, we ride them. I own a small doe named Brindle Star. She has a tawny brown back fur with dark spots and a white star-like mark on her forehead. Her marks are just a simple white stripe down her brow and red dots on her cheeks.

It is in our blood to run, to hide, to be scared. Afraid of other humans. I am not like that. I am a "rebellious spirit" as my momma says. I am strong and well built. Sturdy, muscular arms, broad figure, curly, auburn hair that rests on my shoulders, and green eyes. Green like the wooded pine trees; dark, elegant and fierce. A fiery, free furnace burns in them.

Our deer are sacred. Why do we protect them with all care? They can talk. If the regular German folk caught them, they would be abused and used. Put in circuses and county fairs. We must keep their souls safe. 

My best friends are Valerie and Ivie. They are opposite in looks, but similar in character.

Valerie is the average height for thirteen years old and lean, with muscular legs and tan skin. She has shoulder-length raven hair, small dark eyes, and is smart and quick on her feet. She is mostly serene and solemn, but she is bold, a good leader, and agile. She is picky about friends and almost everyone. but is respected overall, because of her charisma. Her doe is named Brilliant Moon. But we call her Brill.

Ivie is petite and small for thirteen years. She is quite skinny, but can last long while running, whereas Valerie is more of a sprinter. She has short caramel hair, hazel eyes with golden flecks, and is nimble and cunning. She is an optimist and full of joy. She has a wacky sense of humor that can make you smile like you never have. Her laugh is overly contagious and everyone loves her. Her doe is called Light Tawn. We recently nicknamed her Lite.

Here are our many adventures...