Chapter 2: Envy.

envy
[ en-vee ]

noun, plural en·vies.
a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.

———————————————————

The bustling of the car slowly awoke her, Sayami rubbing her eyes with her sleeve as she looked around. She had been asleep for so long she hadn't even realized the car was stopped in the station parking lot. " Nyeh.... " She stretched a bit, doing so in an almost feline-manner. Sayami fumbled with her seatbelt, before opening the car door and exiting the car. She pulled out her phone from her satchel, checking the time. Damn... she was gonna be late. Sayami grumbled angrily, making sure to stop by her desk inside to grab her things, before beginning to sprint off from the station.
.
.
.
.
The sound of a keyboard tapping filled the small apartment bedroom, as the light from a desk top showed the silhouette of the cause of the noise. It seemed to be a regular girl, with jet black hair, and red eyes. This... was Yume Haruzumi, the owner of a semi-popular blog, 'Serial killer digest.' She was the go-to gal in terms of True Crime. Needed the name of a certain killer's victim? You got it. Need to know what the name of Ted Bundy's mom was? You got it. She wore her title proudly, even going as far as to make a button for her blog, as well as selling it to others who enjoyed the blog.

The girl continued to type, when the sound of a door being unlocked caught her ears. " .... Sayami's home... " Was all Yume heard, before she immediately shutdown her computer, hiding all of the tabs she had open, before walking up to her door and opening it. " Oh! Saya-Chan~! You're home late, y'know...? I almost fell asleep waiting for ya! You could of told me~..... " The serpent-like girl strutted over, hugging the other like a predator snaked in it's prey. " Sayami's sorry.... the office kept her in longer then Sayami hoped... " The detective looked away, rather.... uncomfortable with how the other acted.

" Oh? How selfish!~ anyways, I made you your favorite snack! It's in the fridge! " The girl let go, almost shoving Sayami as she walked to the fridge. She opened it, leaning down to grab two distinct cans of strawberry cream soda, and shut the fridge with a little spin as she walked back. She set the cans on the kitchen island, taking one however as she popped the tab with her teeth. " Come on Saya! Let's celebrate! " Yume smiled, her red eyes staring deep into the other's as she giggled innocently. " .... Sayami doesn't...... oh well. " It was strawberry flavored, she had to admit... The girl slowly grabbed the can, having to pop it open with her teeth. " Fufufu~.... oh! I need to watch the news! There's stuff on that new killer that's running near our old school! How funny is that, huh Saya? " The taller girl immediately tumbled onto the couch, grabbing the remote before quickly flipping through the channels, before finally landing on the news channel she was looking for.

" Today we report on the baffling 'painter' case staining our streets with blood in our small prefecture. Today at 2:00 pm, a body was discovered by a girl who due to her age, has been dubbed anonymously. She was biking to school when she saw the body of 18 year old Hiroki Piaki. Nagano police force have been investigating this case as much as possible, even going as far as to employ the help of top tier detective Sa-"

" -And that's enough TV for today.... " Sayami mumbled, quickly setting the remote she stole from her friend on the couch. " Saya! It was just getting to the good part...! " The blogger whined, almost like a infant child over a piece of candy. " Sayami doesn't want to hear it..... now start going to bed, it's almost... yawn.... 9:30... " The sleepy detective frowned, setting the oversized parka she regularly wore on the counter, as she walked to the door she called her own. Yume was just left there, sitting in silence as she stared at the door. " ..... " The girl then got up, before quietly walking to her room, opening and closing the door in a matter of seconds....

____________________________________

" Yumeee! Why did you bring me up here, you know I don't like walking a lot. " The smaller girl whined as she was pulled up by her companion. " I needa show you something, YamYam! " The black-haired girl shouted back with a grin, before the two finally entered the school rooftop.

" Yume... why are we on the rooftop? " The smaller slowly approached the edge, looking down. She... did have a large fear of heights. " Your surprise, silly! Now, close your eyes! " The dark haired girl giggled, slowly walking behind the other as she smiled. " Ok.... "

" ... SUPRISE! "

_________________________________
Author note: I am so so sorry this chapter took too long to reveal! I've been getting stuff done for school and Hhhhh,, tysm for reading this far though!