09

‧͙⁺˚* 973     ⁺‧

The room was awfully silent, despite the bird chirping and talk outside the wooden door, the silence was the only thing eating the boy on the chair up. He bit the insides of his cheeks when looking at the unconscious figure a couple feet away, guilt weighing him down, he looked away from the body, out of the window with slouched shoulders.

After realising what had happened, he panicked, with widened eyes he tried lifting the heavy body from his own but failing miserably. He was close to tears. You can call him a cry baby, but he is a prince, he has never been in situations like these, having someone faint of exhaustion trying to protect you, there is nothing you can do to repay them, not even a chance to show his gratitude, but you just feel so powerless, so frustrated. Born with a silver spoon is not actually as good as it sounds.

Taking a deep breath, he tried calming himself down, though not working as good as he would have hoped for, it was good enough. At least he wasn't trembling anymore.

''one, two, three'' push.

Slowly but sturdily, the body was moving. Making sure the unconscious uxivin will not faceplant into the ground, Donghyuck was able to detach his body from the other. Giving himself a minute to breath, he looked up to the sky, debating on whether to leave him here or miraculously drag him to the village clinic.

''I mean I could just...'' his own voice faded away when he looked at the unconscious body. He actually doesn't look too bad. With eyes closed, and excluding the furry ears, he really does not look too far from a regular human, no one would suspect him being a big, scary beast. Contrasting to the scary image, he looks surprisingly peaceful.

He has white, porcelain skin, though covered in dirt and sweat, he still somehow looked pure. The dark hair looked almost identical to the uxivin's fur coat from before, remains of the beast left on the boy, who did not look much older than the prince himself. High cheekbones and a large forehead, Donghyuck seemed to be spacing out, because only when the unconscious boy started grunting and turning to his side, revealing a big, ugly scar. Blood. So much blood. His white skin was smeared in red liquid, some darker, some lighter.

''he's losing blood...!'' no wonder why his skin appeared even duller every second passing.

Without a second though, the prince, with all his remaining strength, lifted the heavy body up and surprisingly did not stumble down. His lips curved into a smile, and silently celebrated in victory.

Taking a step forward, and another, he was struggling, but would not give up bringing brainy boy to the clinic and get his wound healed.

Step, step, pause

Step, step, pause

Step, ste-

Fall

A small prince from the large castle of Sunorias, and an unconscious uxivin boy, the opposites, both would never have thought they would one day meet each other. The prince never thought he would be carrying a far too heavy body across the forest, falling oh too many times.

The two got to the village front pillars, with bloody scratches and dirt-covered knees, collapsed in the middle of the small-town crowd. Exhausted beyond belief, yet still making sure the unconscious body he has been carrying was intact, and darkness.

''oh my, sweetie you're still here?'' Miss A walked through the beaded curtains, shocked to find the boy who fell in the stream still sitting the place she left him, looking at no where in particular. Noticing he was spacing out, Donghyuck quickly lifted his head, eyes meeting with Miss A's warm ones.

''s-sorry'' he looked away in embarrassment, cheeks heating up due to the fact that he got caught staring at the unconscious boy.

''don't worry, Mark, he's in good hands'' she said, not looking at Donghyuck but the different herbs she had on her shelf, before picking up a bottle with a slimy looking plant and turning around. ''besides, he's no stranger to injuries, he will be fine'' she reassured the prince, seeing his worried eyes scanning Mark's unconscious body.

So, his name is Mark? Interesting.

Making his way to the door, Donghyuck was just about to twist the doorknob, but Miss A stopped him, reminding him that Lucas was looking for him in the main camp, the giant enchanted building Lucas left him in. Nodding, the only human left the clinic, making his way to meet with his new uxivin best friend.

While the prince was in the streets of the small village, a once unconscious body awoken, almost puking at the pain that suddenly his abdomen.

''you're lucky that little friend of yours came just in time Markie, otherwise you might have never been able to see the sunrise again'' he looked to his right, immediately regretting it once a bone cracking sound escaped his neck. Groaning, Mark turned his head back into its original position, feeling the unwanted pain shoot through his body.

What happened?

The last thing he remembers is scaring off the wolf, before passing out in front of the little human he met at the stream, the voice of the latter fading away along with his vision.

''he carried me all the way to the clinic?'' a scoff released from the uxivin's mouth, not believing someone would actually care to carry him all the way to the clinic.

''Donghyuck where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you, and where the hell is that bloody Mark Lee?!'' the loud uxivin greeted him once he made his way inside the main camp, startling him, nearly flinching from the sudden welcome. 

┈┈ t b c ♛┈⛧┈┈