Chapter: 3, The Jury

There is this group called The Jury, an unknown group to the general public, but a well-known group in the underworld known for its notorious experiments on orphans.

No one knows who they are, but one thing is for sure people who are involved are not normal people. They have connections all over Korea and other Asian countries. People say that orphans and kids from poor economies are transported in the name of an NGO for the welfare of kids in Korea. And those parents never heard a word from their kids.

But there were some dead bodies found near the borders whose identities were unknown. Nothing unusual was found in them, the kids were rather healthy and strong. The cause of death is not external, but rather internal.

These kids were injected with something unknown to the scientists. It was foreign for the present technology or maybe they don't have the advanced technology with which it was made.

This person must be someone who went in-depth into science to create something new, something unknown. These cases were never registered, and the government ensured the case never went into public.

At present, more than 45 bodies are found, and there must be many bodies that were never found.

This has been happening for the past five years. And from the past five years, no one has found a piece of evidence or a lead to the culprit. Whoever he is, he knows what he is doing and he is full of confidence that he cannot be found.

Either he could have the support of a rich and powerful person or a group of loyal followers.

And he is not stopping until his experiment succeeds.

"So, we have the Korean version of Dr. Frankenstein as our opponent,"

"Yeah, we can say that,"

"And what are we? Avengers or Justice League because everyone in this room looks more like a movie hero than an actual hero. No offense. " Jungkook said.

And the people in the room were confused between being offended or to be not offended.

"None was taken," said Baekhyun, breaking the ice, once again.

"So when we are going to a superhero war, like saving people from falling buildings when we are fighting Dr. Frankenstein and his monsters. As you know, people making fan accounts of us and having our names tattooed. You have no idea that I have been waiting for this opportunity my whole life. I mean not my whole life but after watching Avengers. Yeah, but whatever. " Jungkook ended the speech of his childhood fantasy and everyone in the room stopped their work and looked at him, judging the fuck he has been sprouting.

"What about kissing the girl you saved? "

"Yeah, that one too, but I am keeping it under PG-13. You know, I care about kids and I don't want to spoil them,"

"But there are no kids here?"

"O.O"

"Kai, stop talking to him. He barely stopped talking for the past three hours. " Jinyoung said.

"I like how everyone is comfortable talking to each other," Baekhyun said, with whom Namjoon agreed. They have been talking, or more spouting nonsense, well it is a step towards forming a strong team.

"You fucking think that we are talking to each other? All we have been doing is listening to this bunny guy sprouting his fucking fantasy nonsense for three hours. Who the fuck talks this much and never gets tired? " Jinyoung was holding himself to not yeet Jungkook out of the window because he wants to be nice rather than be a person with an anger issue and went into therapy for five fucking months and wasted his money with no fucking results to be found.

Yeah, he was frustrated.

"At Least I am talking rather than sitting in the chair and glaring at everyone," Jungkook whispered and this added fuel to Jinyoung's already existing anger issues.

"You little piece of shit!"

"I'm taller than you," Jungkook smirked.

In one week of bonding sessions held by Namjoon, Jinyoung, and Jungkook almost spent most of the time arguing with one another, which was funny to watch with lots of curse words from Jinyoung.

"Calm down, both of you. And Jinyoung, no cursing," Namjoon interfered in between the ongoing war of a teenager and a frustrated adult.

"Look, we don't have time for these fights. We have things to do and people to protect," Namjoon said, to which everyone nodded in response.

Even though the team is on good terms after just a week of meeting each other doesn't mean they are good at coordinating with each other. Time will tell whether they could be a real team or not. And Namjoon hopes it turns out to be good.

Other than Jungkook and Jinyoung fighting with each other, not much had happened. Many of them didn't open up and why should they? Everyone is a stranger here. We can't trust our own family and it makes him a hypocrite to think they will open up to someone they met a week ago.

But to have a strong bond between the team, they should trust each other. And trust is not easily gained. First and foremost, they should accept who they are and what they are meant to do. Accepting a unique quality in us that is foreign to the world we live in is tougher than moving a mountain. The fear in us of not being accepted by people who we love and respect, the fear of abandonment, and the constant feeling of threats of being ourselves destroy our so-called confidence in us.

Normal people think of us, a foreign element, as a threat to their community, but it's always vice versa. They threaten people with abilities because they are jealous of us being 'unique'. They want to be like us and stand out in the crowd. They want to be like us, gaining attention from others.

Why do you think, people with abilities, whether it's superpowers or talent, never come out, because they are constantly threatened by the people who think they are not capable of the things we possess? They oppress us to the end that some people become what they don't want, a villain, and some stay oppressed.

Both kinds lose the same thing, the hope of being accepted in society.

That's what makes the people a villain, and the guy who is labeled as one is a victim of the so-called abuse of this society, but we can't punish the society, so we have to punish the victim turned villain in return to stop all these atrocities. As days pass, a new villain will emerge and we need to punish them. We must punish them rather than punish our mentality to what we did to these people to become something we and they hate.