Chapter 21 *Finale*

Y/n: You did what?!

You unconsciously moved a bit further away from him.

~Flashback~

Y/n: How did she die? What happened?

You saw him clenching his fists. 'Am I asking too many questions?'

Y/n: You don't have to answ-

Taehyung: A car accident. She died in a car accident. Because of me.

'C-car accident? Just like me. We both lost someone and we're blaming ourselves because of it.'

Taehyung: If only I didn't...

He bit his lip, trying not to cry.

Taehyung: I know you said that I shouldn't blame myself. But it is my fault. It really is.

~End of Flashback~

'So that's why... that's why he blamed himself.' You looked at him. 'No, Taehyung...'

Taehyung: See? I knew it... You hate me.

He lowered his head. And then you realized what you just did. You went closer to him and put your hand on his legs. He was confused and looked up at you. You saw a teardrop sliding down his cheek. You wiped it with your thumb.

(Author: I recommend listening to 'Let Go' by BTS instrumental version for this part.. Trust me, you won't regret it. 😉😉)

Y/n: I don't hate you...

Taehyung: Then why did you react that way?

Y/n: I was just shocked. I didn't expect to hear that.

Taehyung: How can you not hate me? I just told you Dahyun died because of me.

Y/n: No... You told me what caused the accident.

You got up and sat with your back against the door, beside Taehyung.

Taehyung: Exactly, if I didn't yell there wouldn't be an accident.

You looked at him

Y/n: And why did you yell at her?

Taehyung: Because I got mad.

Y/n: Yes, but why were you mad?

He realized what you were saying.

Taehyung: Because she was going to the party...

Y/n: And, whose party was it?

He looked at you.

Taehyung: Yours...

You gave him a weak smile.

Y/n: Exactly. If there was no party... you wouldn't get mad. And therefore, it's my fau-

Taehyung: Don't say it. Don't say it's your fault.

You smiled and nodded.

Y/n: Okay, I won't.

'He's been through so much. Yes, I lost my best friend but.... he lost his sister.' You looked ahead. You felt like crying but you didn't want him to see. Suddenly, you felt something heavy on your shoulder. You looked to the side, it was his head. He leaned his head on your shoulder.

Taehyung: You can cry now. I can't see your face this way.

You were surprised by what he said. But the truth is, he did that so you wouldn't see him cry either.

Y/n: Now I understand.

Taehyung: What?

Y/n: Why you didn't want to tell me. Now I understand why you were scared of my reaction. Please don't ever think I'd hate you. It's impossible for me to hate you.