Chapter 17

a week has passed since you knew about the tournament Miya would go to. here. in America. in New York, where you lived.

how had this come to be..

———————————
you wake up, get ready, go to school, eat, come home, eat, sleep. your daily routine. a cycle that never stopped. you have been doing this for years. when you think about it, everyone has been through this cycle. couldn't human lives ever get more depressing?

the answer is yes.
especially yours.

———————————

you woke up, again today. who knows how many times you've been through this..

"fuck this shit"
yeah no more school. at least not for today. students need breaks too, ykwim?
you were tired. tired of things never going your way. you can say, you were a selfish piece of shit (dw me too)

but for real, you had it somewhat okay, not that bad.

that was until you went to the skatepark that day..
guess who it was, the person you saw?

no it wasn't miya. but YOUR DAMN TEACHER. you remembered he had a kid, who must've been into skating.

"[name]? what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be at school?"

shit.

gotta blast🏃💨

———————————

you sped up using your skateboard. over the years you had touched up your skateboarding skills a bit. thanks to the tips of a certain someone.

after a while, you looked behind you. thankfully, the teacher had given up a some time ago. however, you would have to go to school tomorrow, and face that exact teacher. what good luck you have.

but you didn't wanna think about that right now, you wanted to think about how the fuck you were going to stop the damn skateboard. you knew how to get on, how to speed up, stand correctly, BUT NOT ACTUALLY STOP! what if u break ur damn ankle trying to stop the fast skateboard?

oh fuck.

you definitely have great luck.

you stopped your foot from speeding up and tried to drag it against the floor in attempt to slow your skating down.
you look around. it was that one busy street, at the busiest time of day. as you continue to skate, you catch a glimpse of someone, inside a moving car.

it's like time had slowed down, you move your attention to this person, and they did the same.

that person was Miya.

you were both staring at each other, somehow this phenomenon was real. somehow, Miya was actually there. you were both shocked. not a hallucination, he was actually present. you were both there, a car door, separating you.

then time sped up. the clock went back to normal.
you finally managed to stop your skateboard, and you looked back. at that car. the person whom you loved, inside it.

you didn't know how to feel.
obviously he left, but he must've had his reason. right? you didn't want to assume before you heard his side of the story. you didn't want to mess everything up.
but is it really worth it?

a red light signaled the cars to stop. Miya's car was one of those. he didn't come out. he didn't come out to see if it was really you. not even a window down or anything...

you turned around, in disbelief, and started skating to who knows where.

"he couldn't even look at me? not a glance to make sure i was actually there?"

just then, Miya came out. he had a hard time convincing the driver to let him outside for a second. thinking he would run off.

but you were already gone, far from his sights.

"[name]..?"

'was that really you?'