Ch. LV

Truth Untold

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Home sweet home," Jessica hums to herself as she enters the comfort of her home after a long shift at work

She quickly puts away her keys and bag before walking over to the kitchen cabinet to retrieve a decorated glass. Filling the glass with cold water, Jessica mind pondered on the text message she received from Chloe about twenty minutes ago asking if she had made it home.

As she sips the cold glass of water, Jessica heard a frantic pounding coming from the front door, frightening her instantly. The immediate sound placed her on guard she quickly wondered who could be on the other side of the door. She reaches for her taser before maneuvering over to the front door and looking through the peephole.

"Who the hell is it!" She blurted in a harsh tone.

"It's Chloe. Jessie, please, open up!"

"Chloe?" She releases the breath she was holding and unlocks the door. "What is..."

Jessica was quick to step back as Chloe barged into her home, slamming the door in the process and placing her head on it. The action caught her by surprise as she wondered what was going on with her cousin.

The atmosphere was thick and quiet as the two women had not said a word to one another; Jessica staring at Chloe's back as she remained standing by the door in a nervous state.

"Chloe, what the hell!" Jessica was the first to speak, not meaning to yell but she had every right to. "...what..."

She waited for Chloe's answer but never received it as she watched her cautiously. Jessica took three long strides towards Chloe, her hand resting on her shoulder. Her face morphed in confusion and worry, watching Chloe flinch from her sudden touch but never back away from her.