First Day of School

"BEEP.BEEP.BEEP!" 6:00 am

        UGH! It is the day I've have been dreading: The Last First Day of High School. My . My name is  Lealani Akasaka and I am originally from Hawaii but moved to hawaii when My parents died when I was 5 leaving me with 2 older siblings and my grandma to take care of me. 

        I eventually get up and take a bird bath which takes about 10 minutes. After I jump out of the shower I sniff my arms to check if they still reek of chlorine and they still do. When get to my my room I start getting ready. It is always hot in SoCal so I chose as simple outfit (shown on the side) a graphic tee and high wasted shorts with black high top vans.I am not a big fan of make-up so I don't even bother to put any on and I don't need to add any to my hair. Chlorine from the pool kills my hair enough already. After I get my outfit and backpack ready it's Already 6:25. When I get all my stuff together I head down to the kitchen where my grandma is probably making eggs.

        "Morning Mija. Ready for schoo?" My grandma asks. My grandma is the best.

        " Morning and No." I say while rubbing my eye until my older brother Kyle punched my arm.

        "Morning Grandma, Morning Asshole." Kyle says all ready for school dressed in khaki shorts, diamond supply & co. shirt, active socks, and Janoski blue nikes. Me and him have the same lifestyle, skater and laidback.

        " Morning Turd." I say as Grandma gives us our eggs in a bag. It makes it easier to take around.

        "Oh my, You two better get going or else you will be late. Bye love you, have a good start, and don't get suspended Kyle." Granny said.

        " Bye Grandma love you too. And thank you." Me and Kyle shout as we walk toward the driveway.

        Both me and Kyle are seniors except he is 18 and I am 16. I skipped 6th and 7th grade. Kyle is the best brother ever. We both play water polo and we both swim. Except he is better at both. Other than our lifestyles, me and Kyle are polar opposites. He is tall, blonde, and brown eyes. I am short,brunette( I have natural and Chlorinated highlights), green eyes, and freckles. We are both pretty in shape and toned because we are so athletic. 

        " Ready for school Lolo" Kyle asked when settled himself in the passenger seat of our purple corolla. Lolo is my nickname ever since I was born and carried on as I got older.

        "Not really how 'bout you"

        "Dunno, just scared about what college I am going to end up going to and which are gonna offer water polo scholarships."

        " Me too. But haven't you talked to Pat Hadden ( the USC athletic director) about your scholarship?"

        " Yeah, that's what I want to tell you. We are going to discuss this scholarship crap. And I am bringing Granny with me."

        " What?!! No way you son of a gun."

        " Yeah it's pretty gnarly if you ask me. And what do you mean you don't know about water polo scholarships. You are going to Stanford and the Olympics. That's the plan remember? to get out of this ghetto hole and give as much as we can back to Granny for all the sacrifices she's made for us?"

        "Yeah, Yeah. Sorry."

        When we get to school we go our seperate ways. Kyle goes to his water polo/ swimmer group and I go to my random group of people group. But before I go Kyle gives me his "words of wisdom"