Demon in disguise chapter 1

Slow and silent footsteps were the only thing being heard in the old dungeon. A figure stopped in front of a wall. Old symbols craved into it.

The black bulls were on a mission in another dungeon. The only thing they were told, was, that it was old and on the verge of breaking down. So, the wizard king asked them to take a quick look into it, and maybe even find something.

He had told them to be careful and to run, if thigs got to dangerous. Their lives were more important than the dungeon. Yami sent Asta, Noelle and Luck into the dungeon. The three had expected to be alone, when they arrived the dungeon, but someone else was there.

Yuno was waiting at the entrance. Apparently, Vengeance, the Captain of the golden dawn, had asked the wizard king if he could send one of his men too. So, there he was. About ten seconds later, Asta and Yuno were fighting again, which one of them would be the next wizard king.

While Noelle seemed pretty annoyed by it, Luck cheered for them to fight, even asking if he could fight with them. But nothing like that happened.

The four of them entered the dungeon and split up in two teams. There was no big argument of who went with who, after all Noelle just snatched Luck and ran away with him. It seemed like she preferred the guy talking about fighting all the time more, than one of the bickering idiots.

Who could blame her?

But nothing like that happened. Both Yuno and Asta were quiet, as they walked through the dungeon. Long endless hallways seemed to be the only thing in the dungeon. At some point though, the two of them had to split up.

Two ways: left and right. Yuno went through the let one and Asta through the right one.

Asta walked along the stone hallway. The deeper he went, the darker it seemed to get. The walls grey tone was slowly becoming a deep black. Maybe he and Yuno shouldn't have split up after all. He didn't know if there were any traps in the dungeon, and other than his sword, Asta had nothing to defend himself with.

The Sword was pretty useful, but he had seen that it could be overpowered. Now they even had powerful enemies. In the temple one of them was killed, and his own arms cursed. Hours he had stared at the moon, hoping some solution would come running at him. And it did.

The witch queen had healed his arms and in return he and the others saved her kingdom. After that something happened, he couldn't really remember. He remembered meeting some kind of black person and after that he got new powers.

After that? He thought they were even now, but it seemed like she had other plans. That was the part he couldn't remember. It was like being in a trance. All he knew was that he had been fighting against something. It ended there. When he tried to remember his head would only hurt.

His thoughts came to an end as he almost walked into a wall. A wall covered in symbols. Some seemed familiar, others were a mystery to him. Like many other things.

A five-leaved clover was seen on the wall and beside it, a creature that seemed to represent something dark. But it kind of seemed human.

Some of the symbols in the stone seemed old, other rather new. He could read none of them. He had seen some different languages; Noelle had shown him others. Even tried to teach them, but he wasn't very good at it.

He leaned closer. "What the heck does it say?" he mumbled to himself.

"Diabolus non reddet magicae" a voice behind him said.