The Hitman

Over the years, my job has become easier.

With the importance of smartphones, the importance of human lives sank. Every data of your life is saved on your phone and everybody has access to it. Well, everybody who has power, or who doesn't have a phone. Like me.

I can find you wherever you are. And I can kill you.

It's ridiculous how easy it is, since your life is bound to your phone.

Your phones battery runs out? Seems like you have to head home to charge it before you fall over like a tree. You drop your phone and it receives a crack? You should probably go to the doctor's and let them check how bad it is. Your phone is hit by a bullet? Most likely you will die of the bullet-formed wound in your chest.

This whole thing was supposed to help the people, to protect them from criminals like me and to make their lives easier. But it doesn't. Honestly, the things this arrangement was supposed to prevent, got worse. (Like I said, I haven't had it easier to kill people).

You probably understood it by now, but just to clarify: I am a hitman.

A hitman who doesn't have a phone. It would be pretty dumb of me to have one. But I need to contact my clients, and they have to contact me, so we came up with a messenger. It looks a bit like a watch but can only send text messages.

I smile as I look at the most recent ones.

«I need you to kill someone for me »

«Who ?»

«The mayor»

I took a drag from my cigarette and watched the dust fade in the air.  I should've known. Life doesn't stay easy for eternity...