What is the importance of groundwork construction?

Many people may not be able to answer the question "What does a Groundworks Groundwork Contractors do?" However, if you are looking forward to building a new home, you should understand groundworks & its importance in ensuring a quality building's construction.

What are Groundworks?

Groundworks mean the job-work done to prepare the sub-surfaces of your property's ground, before the start of a construction project. It is a set of activities that involves the initial excavations work, followed by laying the foundations.

Depending on the type of property & requirement of the owner, the groundworks also involve laying down drains, cables, water pipes, fibre optic cables, telephone lines, and gas pipes, etc.

In case, a property is to be reconstructed, the groundworks company comes into play after demolition or site enabling works are carried out. However, if the property is to be freshly constructed from the ground, groundworks are the first stage of a construction project. They include the following multiple types of project & job works:

· Foundations.

· Trenching.

· Reinstatement.

· Substructure.

· Sewer Construction.

· Basement Construction.

· All Drainage.

· Landscaping.

Importance of Groundwork in Construction

The complete weight of the building is borne by its foundation. If the groundwork contractors won't do their job right, there is no value of the building edifice. A strong, sturdy & proper groundwork is crucial to the success of any construction project. Groundworks serve as the onset of any project.

Before laying out the further construction plan and starting the construction, studying the ground & sub-surface is very important. The groundworks company that you hire for your buildings construction is expected to do the evaluation and planning of the groundwork.

The Stages of Construction

The construction of a building takes place in various stages. A good construction company studies the project, plans a strategy, lays down a stage-wise plan and strictly sticks to it. It's just to ensure that things happen in the right order, to ensure the quality & stability of the entire final structure.

Unless and until there is demolition work at hands, groundworks are the utmost priority work. After further reading, you'll find out in deep how groundwork contractors work.

Ground Investigation & Site Clearance

Ground investigation is usually a practice mandated by local authorities. Although, it's ideally suggested to carry out the ground investigation of a property before construction begins, even if it's not obligated by the local laws.

A ground investigation done by a groundwork company plays a key role in identifying any potential problems related to stability levels and past land usage. The investigation considers various aspects including hydrology, geology, soil conditions and contaminated land issues. In many cases, it potentially detects contamination or abandoned mine workings as well.

Site Clearance

This is the process where the topsoil of the ground is taken up from the footprint of the structure to prepare the sub-surface for structural construction. The depth of the soil clearance depends on whether the site has a slope and on the lay of the land. In case the property is residing on a slope, levelling work needs to be done, followed by construction of retaining walls to create level development platforms.

What are Foundations?

Another significant work of groundworks contractors involves laying down the foundations. Foundations provide strength and support to your structure and protect splitting, settling, or unbalancing of the structure.

The main role of a foundation is to:

· Safeguard the structure during winds and floods

· Support the load of the entire building

· Prevent moisture from seeping into the structure and weakening it.

· Improves the overall aesthetic and look of the building.

Apart from the ground investigation, site clearance & foundation laying, these are some of the most important parts of construction, which are handled by a groundwork company.

· Driveways

· Footings

· Excavations

· Flagging

· Block flooring

· Beam flooring

· Piling

· Underpinning

Now, after investing 5 minutes of your life in reading this article, you have the answer to almost every question related to groundwork. And even if you have any doubt, you can always approach HYB Constructions.

HYB Construction is a professional and reliable groundwork company in Surrey. From excavation to levelling & laying down the foundations, we can deliver every groundwork service on time and within your budget.

From beginning to conclusion, our skilled workers are there to ensure that your project needs are rightly fulfilled. With the highest professional standards, we ensure complete satisfaction and maintain quality.

We have a vast network of construction service providers, material & labour suppliers and partners who we trust to do the job right. With great experience in draining systems, foundation work, excavation and demolition, we ensure reduced risk of potential damages and reduced costs in the future. Want to know more about our groundworks? Contact us on 07577787667 or visit our website at www.hybconstructionltd.co.uk