Chapter 3 : A Nightmare?

One step into the hole and he could feel a force sucking him in. A series of lights flashed before his eyes and everything came to a halt instantly.

Soobin opened his eyes to find himself in a white space. He wondered what in the world was happening.

Out of the blue, he heard chattering and laughter. He turned around and saw a screen.

He saw their past, their happy times, all of them together

He saw their past, their happy times, all of them together. Everyone was smiling. And upon seeing that, he unknowingly smiled too.

In just a second, darkness enveloped him again. This time, he could see a ray of light. He walked towards that light, which to him, seemed like 'hope'.

" You guys are younger than me. Must you disrespect me this way? You know what? I have been holding back. And by holding back, I mean a lot."

He heard Yeonjun's voice in a distance. Soobin fastened his pace and once again, he was in the same white space.

"Yeonjun hyung!!!" Soobin called out, using all his voice, only to hear it echo back.

"So, is age everything? We're not allowed to express our thoughts and feelings now? Because we're younger than you? Huh! this is unbelievable!"

He heard Beomgyu's voice. He turned around but saw nothing but the empty space.

"What happened to you, Yeonjun hyung? This is not right. We should also get a chance like you do, to explain everything. How do you expect us to be contented?"

It was Heuning Kai this time. The voice came from the opposite side. Soobin turned again. But in vain. There was nothing.

"We should settle this properly. As the oldest member, like you said, we expect you to be more mature.

Taehyun's voice came.

He heard a door slammed, followed by his own voice calling out to Yeonjun.

"What is going on? This is a nightmare, right? Our members would never fight. We never argue like this. This is a bad dream. I need to wake up. I want to wake up!" He shouted.

The ground cracked. And everything started to crumble down. And along with the debris, he fell down.

He could see darkness, only darkness.

He felt his body paralyzed. However, he was now on a solid ground. He was conscious. He tried to open his eyes but failed. He stayed like that for a while. He could hear a faint sound. Slowly, it gets louder as if the sound was approaching him.

Laughter.

He recognized the voices. His members. He wanted to call out. He tried moving his lips but failed again.