♧ Epilogue

○ ○ ○ ♧ ○ ○ ○

The very same day Ten managed to successfully escape from Johnny, the first thing he did was buying a reusable phone, one that can't get tracked

The very same day Ten managed to successfully escape from Johnny, the first thing he did was buying a reusable phone, one that can't get tracked. Ten didn't know exactly what Johnny was capable of, so that was just another safety measure he took just in case. Checking his pocket, he found the little amount of money he managed to steal from Johnny when the mafia boss wasn't looking. It wasn't much, but it would for sure let him get an untraceable phone and a quick travel in a taxi to who knows where. 

He still had to think where to go know, he couldn't just go to his parents' house or he'll put them in danger. But before anything else, he got the phone and did a few calls. Taeyong was the first, and he almost got a heart attack when he heard the voice of his missing best friend. Jungwoo had told him about the fire, so he was extremely worried for Ten's safety. The dancer reassured him that he was completely fine and told him that he'll be hiding for a while. After talking for a long while, having to end the call was painful for the both of them.

The next call was for his parents. They were almost freaking out because the last call or message they got from their son was almost a month ago, and living in a different country, that was basically the only way to communicate with each other. As he got scolded by his mum, Ten didn't have the heart to tell her or his dad exactly what happened to him. Besides, Ten thought that the less they know about NCT, the safer they'll be.

Once the calls were done, Ten threw the phone away. He'll buy another next time he needs to communicate with anyone. He continued to walk down the street, farther from the airport, his mind trying to come up with somewhere he could stay for the meantime. At the back of his mind, Ten knew a place, but he just wasn't sure if it was a good option. Wanting to try it out just in case, he spent the remaining of the money in a taxi ride to get there.

It was a house owned by some friends of his grandparents. They were old friends of the family who passed away almost five years ago, which was why the house was completely empty right now. He used to spend every summer there when he was younger. The ride there was longer than expected because Ten had problems trying to remember exactly where it was located, but he finally managed to arrive.

The house was far away from the capital city, in fact, Ten almost had to spend all the money he had left just for the taxi ride. His grandparents' friends were wealthy, so their home wasn't exactly small. Ten thought that it would be too much for just one person, but he couldn't have asked for a better place to hide. Nobody would find him there.

Ten used the spare key that was under the flowerpot near the main entrance and went inside the house. He checked every room and thankfully, it seemed that nobody had broken in during the time the house had been empty. 

After that, he went directly to the guest room, where he used to sleep whenever his family went to spend a few days in that house. He opened the drawer and sighed in content; there were still some of his old clothes he left the last time he was there just a few years ago. Wasting no time, Ten took off what he was wearing and changed to wear his own clothes. He felt really happy that he was finally able to wear his clothes, not Johnny's. It was a first small step towards actually gaining back his self-identity.