001

"killua, come here!" gon called out to him. the two of them were on their way to the top of the World Tree. the white-haired climbed faster to reach gon. it was just a few metres higher up.

"woah..." the scenery that greeted them was incredible. from up above all they saw was the blue sky and clouds. the sky was glittering, and it gave a calming effect just by staring into the distance.

in an instance, the two teenagers turned to stare at each other. "you know it's my second time being up here right? but it just feels so different now that it's with you." gon says, smiling. "i mean, we have been apart for a few months now. i never got to ask how it went with your dad here too." killua replies. they stared at each other, before bursting into a fit of laughters.

they were obviously happy to be together again. both had so much to share from their time apart. "lets enjoy the moment first," killua suggested. it really wasn't an everyday chance to be able to witness such a beautiful sunset from 1784 metres above the ground.

"how's alluka?" gon asked. killua smiled, "oh she's alright. i put her in good hands for now." even though he had been reluctant to leave her, he also missed his best friend. he trusted tsubone and that she would make sure alluka was safe.

"so what about you? what have you been up to?" killua asked his friend. the two of them shared a bond, that was unbreakable even after those months apart. "nothing much, i've been trying to figure out what ging meant when he said he was searching for something in front of him that he couldn't see." gon replied. there was something about what his father said that touched his heart. "i wonder what he felt that made him care about it more than his son," gon had questioned himself.

as they both enjoyed the silence, they watched as the trees below swayed to the wind. "i wish we could stay like this forever," killua mumbled. "yeah if only we could..." gon replied. it was a while later when they realised that it was getting dark. the sun was already setting and the moon was already settling in. "we should go right?" gon asked, slowly getting up while watching the sky ahead of them.

killua follows his friend, slowly getting up. needless to say, he doesn't notice the big birds right behind them. TWEET TWEET
the sudden tweeting noises from the big birds frightened poor killua. because he had just stood up, he quickly loses his balance and starts to wobble around the edge of the nest. "KILLUA, BE CAREFUL!" gon yells at his best friend. however, it was a little too late. killua loses footing on the tree and starts to fall off the tall tree. in his mind he thought : "thank you gon, thank you alluka. i guess this is goodbye."

the white-haired boy kept falling and falling, until he felt like there was no ending. he shut his eyes and let the tears flow upwards and into the sky...