Chapter 1: The beginning

Hi! My name's Alyssa but you can call me Lyss! :)

I live in California, with my four older brothers: Zach, Ben, Gabe and Sebby. Oh, and I have a twin. Her name is Aubry but everyone calls her Aubs. She is literally my other half. We finish eachother's sentences, share our clothes and have the same group of friends. She is the apple to my eye, cherry to my pie, ying to my yang-you get it!

Our parents are successful in the business world and don't really have time for us... ever. One day, Zach got into an argument with them about it but they ended up kicking him out. I don't know if you have brothers or sisters but our bond is like nothing else. We certainly weren't going to let him walk out on us. Us other five kids looked at each other and knew what we were thinking.

We all got up from the family room suite and simultaneously marched out the door. I haven't spoken to my parents since and to be honest, I don't miss them. I mean, we saw them so little that they couldn't even tell Aubs and I apart! That's kinda why we are all so close... because we had no other choice but to hang out with eachother if we wanted company.

Our uncle hooked us up in Cali and of course told our parents about it. After a month of living there (at some point, Ben and Gabe went back to get everyone's stuff) we got an expected visit from Mum.

"Aubry! Alyssa!" We both looked at eachother. We had gotten used to being called at the same time... always. We used to play dirty tricks and say one of us was the other, but after a while, it just became insulting that they hadn't figured it out.

We scurried down the stairs and ignored her. She didn't deem us good enough for her presence, so why should we? Oh that's right. We shouldn't. Immature? Whatever, I'd like to see you live with it for a week! You have no clue...

Zach gave us an amused smile and spoke on our behalf.

"Yes Mum?"

She gave him a glare but whatever, he's gotten worse.

"The twins are under 16. They are coming home."

Just then, the other boys walked in and apparently had overheard because they decided to contribute with the conversation.

"What? No they aren't" came Ben.

"Boys" Zach gruffed. "I got this" a small smirk played on all of our faces. Mum couldn't stand when he took over but he was the oldest and I guess he sees it as his job. "No they aren't" We all burst out laughing and Aubs almost started crying.

"No, but seriously Mum, the girls aren't going anywhere" Suddenly Sebastian popped up.

"I HAVE AN IDEA!" we all looked worried but he continued. "If you can tell us which one of the girls is which, then we might consider it"

Aubs and I looked at eachother and Mum's facial expression was priceless. She can't do this...

"Ok. Deal" Seb and Mum shook on it. I couldn't help feel a little like I was about to be gambled away, but I went with it.

"Can I ask questions?" We all just snorted and she looked down in embarrassment."The one closest to Zachary is... Alyssa?" It came out more as a question.

Wrong.

Boy, if looks could kill...

Gabe and Aubs were death staring Mum but she had no clue why.

I honestly had no interest in the matter. We weren't going anywhere and everyone in the room knew it.

"You need to leave." I had never seen Aubry with a more serious face... ever!

"Exuse you young lady!" We were taken aback but we all knew she had to get this off her chest.

"Oh for fuck sake! You don't even know my name! You can excuse your fucking self!" She wasn't crying. She wasn't screaming. She was totally calm. I admire her...

Mum opened her mouth to say something but thought better of it. She clutched tighter to her purse and straightened her dress. And just like that, she was gone.

It was silent.

"Well" Gabe clapped his hands together. "That was interesting... but at least it's over! We all knew it was coming and now it's over. We can get on with our lives."

He was right. I hadn't spoken to my parents in three months because I had just given up correcting them with my name. But now it's over and we can move on. I was happy. I was with the people I love and this just showed how fricking incepreble we all have grown over the last few years.

No parents. No neighbours. No rules. This shit is going to be fun...

Yo yo yo!! Hope you enjoyed the intro :) Chapter 2 out soon... ish >_< What do ya'll want to happen? Comment and vote my little vegemites ♥♥♥