dance with the night

PoV Nathaniel
"Hey Nath? You planning on going to that upcoming dance event?", Marc asked, looking up from his work.

We were working on our next comic.

"I don't know, we still have a lot to do and I don't really like to dance", I sighed.

Marc made a hm sound.

"But if you would go, who would you ask?", he then wanted to know.

I thought about it for a second.

"Alix since she is my best friend", I smiled softly.

Maybe I would go to the dance with Alix.

"What about you?", I then added.

Marc looked away.

"Pf, I don't know, I really don't know", he stammered. That was kind of cute.

~~~
"I'm looking so forward to this dance!", Rosè cheered.

"Yeah, Julika and you will make a lovely pair", Marinette smiled kindly.

"Are you going too, Nathaniel?", she then turned to me.

I chuckled.

"Marc asked me the same thing yesterday and I might consider going", I answered.

A few seconds later the girls surrounded me and started to convince me more and more, until I called out to Alix and asked if she was free.

Marinette bit her lip and turned away.

Weird. I thought she didn't like me like that? Did I miss something?

~~~
PoV Marc
"I'm really sorry! I tried to drop some hints, but I guess I'm a failure", Marinette sighed dramatically. 

We were sitting in her room.

I looked away sadly. I had hoped that Marinette could help me get a date with Nath, but apparently it wasn't supposed to be.

"You know what? We are going to that dance together! And you will look so great, Nathaniel won't be able to take his eyes off of you!", Marinette suddenly cheered.

I was surprised, so I asked:"But you wanted to ask Adrien, what about that?"

Marinette sighed. "I would never bring up the courage to ask him anyway, might as well help you out"

I stood up from my spot on the floor and hugged her.

"Thank you. You really are a true friend", I thanked her.

"But, as a price, I get to design your outfit! I have something in mind that will fit your personality better than a stupid, casual suit!", Marinette then insisted.

I thought about it for a second. A plain suit really wasn't for me, so a look designed by the best designer I knew? That sounded good!

~~~
"Mari, does this really look good on me? I mean, it looks amazing, but", I kind of stuttered, looking at myself in the mirror.
(Picture above)

"You look so stunning! I knew that would suit you perfectly! Now let's do your hair!", Marinette was really happy so I took a last glance at the mirror.

I was wearing a black skirt, with a coat, vest and a tie that matched each other perfectly and made me look feminine. Underneath I was wearing a white dress shirt and some kind of black pants.

I really liked it, it felt so right. If wasn't labeled male or female.

"I was thinking we could just brush it and put some flowers into your hair", Mari explained.