23 - Ladybug

When we finally reached Manon's house (it took forever with Manon's poor sense of direction), Chat broke us in through the window.

"So Manon, what do you want to do?" I asked her, smiling nervously. I could never tell what this girl was thinking.

She pondered over my question for a moment. "I want to play 'real life dolls'!"

Chat and I shared a look. Deciding that it was harmless, we shrugged. "Sure"

"Wait but before that" I interrupted. "Are you hungry Manon?"

While she thought about it, Chat answered. "Well, I don't know about her, but I'm starving"

I rolled my eyes at him playfully. But to my surprise, Manon nodded too.

"Okay so how about this? Food first, and then we can play" he told her.

"Okay!" Manon squealed as Chat picked her up and we headed to the kitchen. Chat set her on the counter, and turned to me.

"Milady, I have made a decision," he announced.

"Oh no" I said jokingly, and Chat pouted in annoyance. "Sorry kitty. Go on, what is it?"

"I've decided to take care of Manon tonight, being the pawsome partner that I am. You, on the other hand, will get some rest"

That took me by surprise. "I will?"

"Yes Bugaboo" he said, steering me toward the chairs. "Now sit down, and chillax"

This seemed like a pretty good (and a once in a lifetime) offer, so I agreed, and sat myself down beside Manon. I really was exhausted...it seemed like I could never catch a break.

Gratitude toward Chat Noir suddenly flooded me. I was so lucky to have him.

He hummed a tune as he put a pan on the stove, and looked around the kitchen for the ingredients he needed.

"I never knew you could cook" I commented to make small talk.

He smirked. "If you knew half the things about me, I promise that you'd be head over claws for me"

"I'm willing to take you up on that" I said, playing along.

Faster than I could blink, Chat was beside me. "Wrong choice milady" he breathed in my ear.

"We'll see," I said, fighting to keep my voice steady. He laughed at my sad attempt.

Manon was engrossed with braiding her doll's hair beside me, not paying half a mind to what we were saying.

I watched her, feeling responsibility pile further and further on me for every second she enjoyed herself without any care in the world. I wanted that.

"Hey Chat?" I asked suddenly. "Do you ever have regrets about being a superhero?"

He continued to cook, the pan sizzling, but looked up to meet my eyes. "Not at all. Why are you asking?"

I shrugged noncommittally. "I don't know"

"Do you regret choosing this life?" he asked me directly.

Again, all I could do was shrug. "A little, yeah. Don't you ever feel like we deserve better?"

Chat set his ladle down and turned off the stove. "Ladybug, we're the reason half the city is alive and happy. They feel safe because of us. If I was given a chance to walk away from this life, I wouldn't take it for the world, and I know for a fact that you wouldn't either"

"I know it gets hard sometimes, but if it makes you feel better, we're in this together" he continued. "You're doing great"

I smiled at him. He was right. The children, adults and elderly in this city rely on us. Even though it could drive me insane, I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Thanks for reminding me about the good side of all of this, my kitten" I told him, leaning over to ruffle his hair.

"Anytime" he chuckled. 

~~

A/N 

Hey you guys!! 

Chat Noir and Ladybug are made for each other and you can't convince me otherwise...so in this chapter is a sprinkle of #ladynoir moments. Enjoy! 

Talk to me...how's life going for y'all? 

Stay safe, healthy & happy <3

Lemme know if you liked this chapter by voting or simply commenting! 

Thanks a bunch for the support. 

Love y'all!

xxx S