I Promise

He woke up the next morning to the smell of coffee, strong coffee. He sat up and yawned. Seven o'clock. He found his pants and slipped them on stepping out of the room, across the living room, and to the kitchen, the source of the smell. Abby was there, pouring coffee into her mug, covered by his shirt.
"Will I always be able to count on you to steal my shirts?" He asked, half laughing.
"Maybe," she said. "Can I count on you to be here when I need it?"
"Always" he answered, this time in her ear. She turned around. "Abigail I think we should talk. I'm fairly confident last night meant something."
"Townsend I think this is risky. And I trust you and I do love you but-"
"Since when don't you take risks?"
"I..."she was at a loss for words. "What about family and the agencies and our lives. We can't."
"We'll work it out, I promise." He tilted her chin and kissed her gently. Bits of passion from the previous night coursed through their bodies. "I love you, Abigail."
She pulled back slightly and mumbled, "We can't tell anyone."
"And why exactly is that?"
"I have family who thinks differently of you."
"Your sister can get over herself. Along with the rest of them."
"They don't see us together. They think I hate you and frankly they won't let me go that easy. It's difficult to explain."
"So you'll hide it then, for how long exactly?"
"I don't know Townsend. Things are getting messy with the circle and-" she paused.
"And..." He urged.
"And I have to go to Gallagher. That truthfully is the only reason I'm up this early. Rachel called and she sounded worried."
"I see." Townsend moved to grab a cup of coffee. "And when do you leave?"
"The CIA thought it was important so they pulled me out of your case and my flight leaves in four hours." She watched as his face fell. "But we knew this would happen and I can call you." He nodded and sat at the counter. "It takes an hour to get to the airport."
"I'm well aware of that Abigail." He muttered.
"And it takes me an hour and a half to get ready," her voice grew soft as it neared his body. "What do you say Agent Townsend? I might not be around for awhile." He looked back smirking and chuckled when she pranced towards the bedroom. He dumped the God awful coffee down the drain and met her there, cherishing her giggles and laughs.

"Have everything?" Townsend asked.
"Yes. For the hundredth time." She laughed and grabbed her phone. "I should go. I'll call when I can."
"Abigail," he said catching her on the way out. She looked back with an eyebrow raised. "Stay safe."
"Always do, Townsend. You on the other hand," she paused and laughed. "Bye Townsend." She winked and in an instant she was gone.