08 | Out of the Blue

_____

A JUMPSCARE WASN'T SOMETHING KAORI EXPECTED ONCE SHE ARRIVED AT SCHOOL THAT MORNING.

Doing her usual morning routine, she parked her bicycle in its usual spot and changed into her indoor shoes. Kaori noticed something odd once she stepped into the building, it was like someone was watching her.

And she was right.

Once she turned the corner, A group of boys jumped at her with a bunch of questions. She put a hand to her heart, sighing once she recognized who they were; the soft tennis club boys, excluding Toma, Maki, and their other manager Yuuta.

Kaori put a hand up to stop them from rambling, and they did. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't jumpscare me like that." She frowned at them, earning a few embarrassed chuckles. "Do you guys need something?"

A few hushed arguments were held in front of Kaori. Finally, they agreed for Taiyou to step forward.

"AH—Uh. . ." Taiyou gulped nervously. Kaori watched as Taiyou eyed the boys behind him in a distressed manner. "Uh. . . I. . ."

Kaori flashed Taiyou a calming smile. Something must've happened at practice yesterday while Toma, Maki, and I were gone, she thought. "Don't worry Taiyou! I won't get mad at you." Kaoru pat him on the shoulder to calm him down, "I can tell Toma for you guys if anything happene—"

"Ah, about that. . ." Taiyou, rubbed the back of his neck shyly, gathering the courage to say what was next, "We wanted to congratulate you."

Kaori blinked, "What do you mean?"

"Congratulations on your new relationship with Shinjo-kun!" Taiyou cheered.

A dumbfounded expression was written across Kaori's face.

"What's with that face. . .?"

Embarrassed, Kaori pointed towards the group of boys behind her. "Which one of you idiots started that gossip?!" Her cheeks were now pink at the accusations they made. They thought I was dating Toma out of all people?!