Chapter one

Chapter One: The nightmear is just started...

P.O.V. Gail

I sat on my bed reading The Hunger Games for my book report, and also to dround out all the yelling from down stairs. I sat the book down and tried to make out what my parents were fighting about this time. Bills, always about money, I dont get it! We have pleanty of money!

I sighed, it must be an adult thing. I look at my calender to see when my report is due, March 22, my birthday. Tomorrow I'll be 16, most girls like me would have a big party but not me. I'm not a big fan of parties.

I left my bedroom door open. Standing there were my two little brothers, Gray and Nicka. "Gail, can we sleep in here? Mama and Papa are yelling and woke us up!" Nicka whined. I nod my head.

Nicka climd in my bed as Gray try to walk over but fell, he is only one and can't really walk. In 2 minutes Nicka and Gray fell asleep in my bed. I sat on the floor and laid against the side of the bed reading my book for a little bit. I got to the part where Rue dies and I started to cry. Ugh! Books are so powerful! I put my book down and got into my PJs, then fell asleep on the floor next to my bed with my favorite blue fuzzy blanket.

******************************************************************************

I woke up and look at my Iphone on my nightstand, Friday, March 22, 3:38 am. I lend back then realized I couldnt hear Nicka or Gray's little snoring thing they do. I stood up to see if they were okay. They were gone, I ran down stairs in to the kitchen to see my worst nightmear. My parents lay on the ground, not moving. Behind my parents motionless bodys was Gray and Nick tied up. "JUSTIN!" I scream. Justin is my older brother.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere someone wrap their arms around my upper arm and chest. I turn my head around hopeing it was Justin.
"Justi-" It wasn't Justin. It was a tall, musculer man in all black clothes. All I could see was his eyes, his light green eyes that look so familer.

Then Justin came in the room and saw what was going on. He ran around the table that was on my left, and got a knife in the drawer next to the sink. "Let. Go. Of. My. Sister. NOW!" Justin yell throwing the knife at him. That was his worst idea ever. Justin was the qurterback for our high school football team, but he can't throw knifes or a
baseball, but a football he can throw...

The knife was suppost to hit the man who I guess harmed our parents, and tied up our brothers. But it hit me in the right shoulder, one millimeter from my collar bone. I made a little scream, I'm use to getting punch and push in to lockers at school by bullies, but this hurt ten times worst. I look up at Justin, we lock eyes. The look on his face said to fight but I know he was
thinking 'Don't you dare do anything stupid Gail.'

I hit my elbow into the guy's side really hard, and he was the one to do something stupid. He let go of me. I back away and I yank out the knife from my shoulder. I cover the wound with my left hand and held the knife in my right hand. The man stood up and try to reach for my neck. I cut his arm, he grab his arm and yell "OUCH! WHAT THE **** YOU LITTLE BRAT! WE SHOULD JUST KILL YOU AND YOUR WORTHLESS BROTHERS! WHY DOES HE WANT YOU WORTHLES-" Justin kick him in the jaw and the stomach. He fell backwords onto one of the wooden chairs next to the table. He got up and there was hate and anger in his light green eyes. He
jumpped up and tried to tackle me, but I lift my right arm and then there was blood on both my hands. One hand was my blood, the other was from the man with green eyes.

When I pull the knife out of him he fell to the grown like a rag doll. He lay in a poddle of his own blood, but I felt like he earn it. I turn around and look and Justin. He ran up and bear hugged
me saying "I-I'm sorry I hit! I-I didnt mean to!"

He pull away and looked at my shoulder, "Its okay Justin, can you untie Gray and Nicka?" I said handing him the knife. I would do it but if I let go of my shoulder it will bleed more.

I turn and look at my parents. They must of tried to stop that man from kidnaping or killing us, I'm guessing it sounds like something a parent would do for their kids, right?

"GAIL!" Nicka yelled hugging my waist, his head in my stomach. He kinda short for a nine year old. I nelt infront of him so I was eye level with him. "Hey buddy, you okay?" Nicka look over at our parents.

"Are they... dead?" he ask. I look at Justin, he walk over and checked their puls.

Justin got up and walk over to the cookie jar and grab the 3,000 thouand dollars we keep there. It was are parents idea to keep money there.

Justin turn and look at us, "Uh... Hey lets play a game! Whoever can get their bag packed the fastest will-will win 5 bucks! Ready? Set, Go!" Nick and Gray ran/climbed up the stairs. Justin

turn around and said "You know if you want the money yo-"

"I dont want money, I want to know if our parents are okay."

"Gail... Go get pack. It's going to be okay."

"So they are okay?" I asked.

"Gail look go get pack we are leaving in five minutes." Justin said as he walk up stairs.

"Leaving? Leaving to go where?" I shout at him. Justin didn't answer. I give up and headed up stairs to pack my bag, and to cover up my shoulder. After that I help Nicka and Gray pack their bags too.