chapter 2

Chapter 2 : On the run

P.O.V Justin

I hate not telling Gail that our parents are dead. She didnt take Max's death to well. Neather did I but it was my twin sister too, how would you take that easy? I'm not telling Nicka or Gary. That would break my heart.

I pack 4 pairs of pants, 4 T-Shirts and some other this we'll need, like our weapons. I walk out of my room with my bag over my shoulder when I saw it.

It was a picture of 10 year old Max, 7 year old Gail , our parents, 3 weeks old Nicka, Alex our "adopted" brother
who was my age, and I. A long story short, Alex's parents die when he was young, and one day he save Gail's life (another long story) and we drag him into our family. I grab the picture and put it in my bag.

"Do you ever wounder where Alex ran off to?" I turn around to see Gail holding Gray who is asleep on her sholder, not the hurt one. "Ya, I do..." I anwsered.

"They are dead right?" she ask. I nodded and said "Gail look its a long story but we have to go now. That guy said 'we' meaning more of them are coming. Come on we'll stay at a motel tonight and think of a plan. Now where is Nicka?" She look at me for a long time.

"He is downstairs." CRASH!!!! Me and Gail ran down stairs to see what happen.

"NICKA ARE YO-" I shouted, then I saw he just drop a glass cup. "Nicka what are you doing?" I ask the little nine year old. "I wanted some water" he said. Ugh this is going to be hard taking care of 2 little kids. Well I do have Gail to help me.

I walk over and clean up the glass, Gail cheek Nicka for any cuts. After I throw away the glass and I found the car keys, and mom and dad's creit cards. Come on we might need it. "Come on guys we need to leave, now." Gail try to pick up her bag but couldn't get it on her shoulder. "Gail do you want me to get that?" I ask her. "Nope" she said, popping the 'p'. She put the strap over her head and had the bag hang from her neck. Strang kid.

We all walk out to our black cherokee, I put our bags in the back of the car. Gail was trying to put Gray in his car seat, with Nicka's help.

I got in the car and started it. Then we were off. Gail turn on the the radio on and it was Shut Up And Dance by Walk the Moon. Nicka sang along to the song, well try to anyways. Gail was trying so hard not to laugh. Lets say Nicka souldn't go onto American Idol, never!

Afther a bit Gray and Nicka fell asleep. And it was silent for a bit. Gail finaly said something "Justin that guy back there... he said someone wanted us, could it be Mercury?"

I was shock that she could remember Mercury. I mean she was only 3 when he kidnap us and made her, Max, Alex, and me into secret government property. Yes we are secret "government" porperty. The scientists/Mercery became evil and was going to use us to take over the world. Crazy, right?

"I don't know Gail... But we have to keep Nicka, Gray, and each other safe. Okay? We are family, we must be there for each other."

"Like you did when Max die?"

We stop at a red light. I turn and look at her, I could see she was hurt in side but mad on the outside. I got a bit mad, she never let's things go. "Gail look Im sorry I shut you and everyone out. I didn't want you to get hurt. and I know I did end up hurting you. But please this is not the right time to talk about this okay."

"Okay sorry. But just dont tell Nicka or Gray what happen or what we are just yet?" she ask me.

The light change to green and I started driving. "Okay and happy birthday Gail." I said "Thanks" she said then fell asleep. I look in my mirror at Nicka than adjust it and look at Gray. "Happy Birthday Gray. Sorry about mom and dad, I know thats not want you wanted for a present but everything going to be okay. Im not leaving you."

Afther a few hours later we found a good and cheep motel. The owner ask me and Gail some questions about where are parents are, and what happen to Gails sholder. But she stop asking after Nicka got into a agument with the indoor tree and try to eat a
butterfly. Yes he really try to eat it. snd it took 20 minutes, chcoclate, and some my little pony stickers to get him to not eat it. 'What is wrong with this kid? Why eat a buterfly? What have I got my self into?' I thought.

When we got into the room Nicka ran and jump on the bed. "Nicka, get down. The bed doesn't belong to us." Gail said as she got him down from the bed. I look around the room.

Its small but there is a t.v, 2 queen size beds, and a bathroom. It will work for one night. Gail put Nicka and Gray bed, they fell asleep quickly. Gail came over and look at what I was holding. It was the picture I took. Gail sat on the bed and hug me. "I know it's hard but is going to be okay." she said. We stay like that for a bit the we both fell asleep.

I woke up to someone pounding on our door. The door flow off its hinges and slam into the wall. I look at who was in the doorway. And you'll never believe who it was...