Chapter 61

Chapter 61

Mina

It took a few seconds for Chaeyoung to finally respond to my kisses. I held her cheek to deepen the kiss, she didn't protest and just kissed me too. 

I can't explain how happy I am that we're sharing this kiss under the night sky full of stars. 

I can't explain how overwhelming it is to let the sea and the moon witness this wonderful moment tonight. 

I can't explain how it's wonderful to kiss and to be kissed by the one you love. 

It's just pure contentment and an unexplainable feeling. 

"Mina." 

I heard Chaeyoung uttered after the long kiss we shared. She's bowing her head and I can see how her ears turned red. 

"I'm sorry for everything Chaeyoung.. I know I hurt---" 

I stopped when Chaeyoung looked at me with her eyes tearing up. She pulled me for a hug and told me to stay silent for a while. 

I can only hear Chaeyoung's breath, the sounds of the wave and the wind. It's dark in this space but being in this darkness with someone I love gives me the calmness I couldn't feel in the light with someone I'm not in love with. 

"Thank you for the kiss."

I heard her say and chuckled afterwards. I smiled. 

Are we finally okay? Am I that good kissing that I was able to convey how I feel about her? 

"We can do it again if you want."

I answered. Chaeyoung didn't answer but she's just hugging me tight.

If only I knew how it is too good to be hugged by her, I should have let her hug me whenever she wants. 

I should have let her arms be wrapped around me all the time. 

She protected me with these arms when the accident happened. 

I closed my eyes and planted small kisses on her shoulders down to both of her arms. 

I chuckled when she flinched but hugged me again. 

"Mina.." 

I heard her call me again. I was just smiling. My name sounds the sweetest when it is being uttered by her. 

"Chaeyoung, I'm really sorry. I was too blind to realize that I love you. I really do." 

I said. I'm close to crying but I did try my best not to. 

"If that's true, I'm grateful Mina. Being loved by you, being kissed by you, holding you like this still felt surreal because I already accepted the fact that I can't do these things with you. 

For the past three years, everyday, I'll remind myself to accept that I can't have you. That's what I did. I became contented by just seeing you in my dreams. 

Even in my dreams, I can't do this to you. 

I was only able to touch you in my dreams once. And that's when I fell asleep at Nayeon's house. 

I am truly happy to see you again, but I hoped that we didn't. 

Because I'm already okay. I already fixed myself. 

I'm finally okay. Why do I need to see you again?

Even if I still love you, I still can't bring myself to enter a relationship with you aside from being acquaintances. 

So if you're sorry for the things that you did to me.. 

Do me a favor. 

Once I let go of this hug, do not try to chase after me. 

Do me that favor. Please. "

I was stunned. Hearing those from Chaeyoung. 

I know I hurt her so damn much. I only knew it when I read the story she wrote. 

I didn't know she went to see a Psychologist and did Psychological Talk Therapy for months because of Depression. 

I know that's because of me. Or atleast, I contributed a lot of things that made her depressed. 

I didn't know she did a lot of things for me but even though it was obvious that she cares for me, I still chose to doubt her love. 

I always chose the way where I can hurt her. 

But still, what if I can cure those? 

What if we can be the better version of ourselves in this moment where we found each other once again? 

What if.. 

Yeah, those are just what ifs. 

Chaeyoung let go of the hug when I didn't respond. She smiled at me, a kind smile that she always gives off. 

She's still so cool. 

She slowly turned her back away from me and started walking. 

I was trying not to move my feet to follow her again. 

When she's a bit far away. I took a deep breath. 

I can't just see her walking away. 

"Chaeyoung! You damned selfless crazy girl!" 

I shouted on top of my lungs. I know she heard me because she stopped from walking. 

I also heard my voice when it echoed. 

"I won't chase after you tonight but I'll keep on chasing you tomorrow, the next day, the next next day and even in our next lifetime!" 

I shouted again. She didn't turn back and just stayed still. 

I know she's just listening. 

"I'll do you this favor and won't chase after you tonight but I'll keep on chasing you still. 

I'll keep on chasing you 'til you won't…… " 

I paused to wipe my tears. My knees weakened and I let myself sit on the sand. 

"til you won't have anywhere to run to but to my side. 

I'll make you realize we can still…. 

We can still win this fight and be together. 

I'll prove that to you!" 

I shouted again. That was the last energy I have so I stopped shouting. 

I was just on the sand, staring at Chaeyoung's back slowly disappearing in the dark.

She didn't look back but I know she heard me. 

That's enough for tonight. Atleast, I was able to make improvement. 

**

Okay so.. I forgot that this story is 65 chapters and then Epilogue. I just realized that I only published 60 chaps and the epilogue. Hahaha. I'm sorryyyyy