star #1

Today is the first day I will be attending this new high school. It's so small. I've seen elementary schools bigger than this. The weird part is how much parking space this place has. I swear, its bigger than the whole school!

   I don't really know why this is going through my head. Why am I not worrying about my schedule? Or the teachers? Or maybe the fact that everyone will be smooshed against the walls, trying to get to their next class, because there is no room at all? Gosh, I still can't get over how small it is. Like seriously, what the hell?

   Well anyways, we're here. I grab my bookbag and instantly realize how heavy it is. I guess since seven periods worth of note books and text books are stuffed in there. I put my foot on the step of the car to get more leverage on this fat bag. All the force of my pulling launches me back as my bookbag falls off the seat and hits the side walk. I regrab one of the straps and jerk it up to my shoulder. I shut the door loudly, and turn to face the doors of the building that let me into the place I will be suffering at for the next three years of my life. I'm so excited.

_________

   Now that I actually entered the school, it does seem alot bigger, at least on the inside.

   My mother and I enter the main office where we are greeted by some middle aged lady with too much perfume on.

   "Hello! you must be Angie! I'm Mrs. clover, I'll be working here, if you have any questions!" she explains to me. I just respond with a shy smile as she gestures us to a room in the back.

   "Okay Mrs. Grounge, I just need you to sign a few more papers and we can send Angie off to her first period." Mrs.Clover tells my mom.

   While my mother signs the papers, I look over at the window with its pink curtains which have a weird design of orange lines scattered all over it. I look through only to see a big tree that covers most of the view. I guess Mrs.clover saw me starring so she starts to talk about the tree. I kinda tune it out though, because I'm not really in the mood to have a conversation about an oak tree.

   In the middle of Mrs. clovers lecture about how the tree symbolizes love or something, my mom hands her the papers and stands up. I grab my monster bookbag again and follow her out the door. The man at the front desk waves us good bye as we exit the main office. My mom gives me a hug and sends me off to my locker.

   Okay, I guess I'm officaly part of this school now.