Castle Me

A girl of about the twentieth age wanders stone halls that stretch and turn as if they go on forever. She leans to be aware of any danger that may come and take her to the land of the dead. The long white sheet that caresses her curved body puffs in the slight breeze that flows through the halls. The girl closes her eyes in remembering of how she had ended up here.

She had no memory of how exactly she had gotten here, but she remembers the cage she had woken up in.

She lay on a cold metal platform, pretending to be asleep. A grunting sound comes from a large man in a butcher outfit. He takes the butcher knife and slices right through a large mass of meat. Some sort of liquid hits her arm. A strange pulling feeling comes from the cage she lays on. Barely opening her eyes, she looks as a large man with ears that stick out like an elephants and his eyes wide, he reaches towards her, barely touching the sheet that covers her bare body. Acting as if she meant to move when she is asleep, she pulls a foot in, away from him.

He pulls away his hand, getting less curious. He walks away, the earth shaking with each gigantic footstep. The girl's breathing becomes shaky and her eyes flutter open as she sees the coast is clear. She gasps at the metal table in the middle of the butcher room, skinned animals hang from posts, making the girl shudder and quake in fear. Pulling her sheet up above her chest, she inspects the cage door and the opened lock that had kept her caged. She steps out of the cage, making sure that the giant doesn't hear her.

Now here she is, wondering through the creepy, medieval halls, one pillar on the way smeared with blood. She walks to a bedroom where a neat bed remains, silky curtains hang from a large canopy overhead comes. The girl puts her hand on the post, peeking at the inviting bed.

"Hello," a monotone feminine voice comes from behind.

The girl gasps as she turns to see a woman in old fashioned clothes and an apron, her collar surrounding her pale neck. Her purple hair curled around her unflawed face. She stares at the girl with bored looking hazel eyes.

"I have prepared clothes or you to wear. I apologize for the cage you woke up in. Rex tends to have a liking for meat. Please try and avoid him. His curiosity will kill the cat," she smiles at the girl as if sharing a joke.

"Um... Thank you?" the girl says.

"Yes, Master. I will make sure she is comfortable," the maid looks to a painting of an old, wise- looking man on the wall. She then directs her attention to the girl and smiles creepily, her eyes hide a glare, "Dinner will be ready in an hour."

The girl walks toward the painting wondering who she was talking to, "Yes, ma'am, but how did I get here?" she turns around to find the maid no longer there, "Miss? Miss?" she asks no one.

"I guess I have some adventuring to do."