Strange Indeed

Pulling her head through the delicate dress, the girl dresses herself gracefully, small eyes moving on the portrait of the old man. The sheet that had hidden before drops to the stone floor. She pulls on tiny ballet shoes for her cold feet.

She gets up and walks through the mirror door, out to a balcony. She walks around only to find that she had been locked up, the only area she is able to reach, her room. Her auburn hair is tousled by the restless wind.

"Dinner is served, Miss," the same monotone voice she had heard thirty minutes ago scares her.

"I thought you said it would be an hour?" the girl says with an English accent.

The maid leans in, face to face with the girl, "Dinner is served, Miss," she leans in, giving the shaky breath girl a cruel smile. She then leans away, leading the girl through a long hallway filled with doors that she wondered what were hiding.

"This way, Miss," she says with a hiss.

It was a long and quiet walk before the maid opened a large wooden door.

"Please wait here, Miss," she walks in, closing the door behind her, but the girl leans in to hear.

"Is Kat comfortable?" a man's voice asks.

"Yes, Master. I assure you she is happily settled," a bitter tone comes from the maid.

"You have the exact same feelings toward her as the last girl that was here. I assure you, this time the plan will move swimmingly," the man's voice says.

"Yes, Sir," the maid says without emotion.

"If you do anything to get in the way of my plan- well let's just say that pretty face of yours would be no longer," the masculine voice mocks.

"You realize that the girl has been listening to this conversation?" the maid asks, making the Kat back up a bit.

"Yes, but she would have found out either way. Make Kat feel welcome in her own castle," the masculine voice says softly, but Kat still hear's what he says.