I'm Not Moving.

"I have to go" I say jumping off Cory's bed.

"What? Why?" He asks standing up next to me.

"My mom got a promotion" I say walking downstairs.

"That's great!" He says smiling his adorable smile.

"It's in New York" I say walking out the door and closing it behind me.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥

I pull into my driveway still trying to get my head around what my mother had said. She had been going on about this promotion for the past two weeks but never mentioned that it was in New York.

"I'm home!" I shout to my mom as I enter the house.

"Hi sweetie" my mom says with a smile, but I can see the concern in her eyes. She's probably wondering how I'm taking the news. After all, I just hung up the phone when she told me. Well, I say hung up, I mean dropped the phone from my hand onto the floor where it broke. I was due an upgrade anyway.

"Congrats on the promotion" I say hugging her.

"Thank you" she smiles pulling away to look in my eyes.

"So... New York" she sighs looking at the floor.

"Um.. Do I have to go with you?" I ask hesitantly, but it had to be said.

"Oh sweetie, you can't stay here on your own" she says with a sorry smile.

"I could stay with Cory" I say with a hopeful smile, the idea just popping into my head.

"Oh yeah, because I'm going to let you stay with your boyfriend with no parental supervision" she says turning around and walking into the kitchen.

Cory's parents are like, billionaires and he's been living on his own since the start of senior year. His parents bought him the house as a birthday present. I got a twenty dollar pair of jeans, and he gets a house. Rich people are unbelievable.

"Ok then what about Kate?" I ask more hopeful this time because my mom really likes Kate and our moms are friends.

"No, you'd never get any sleep" she states looking at me seriously. "It would just be like a sleepover every night and-"

"Ok fine!" I say exasperatedly. "But I'm not going with you, it's my senior year and I can't leave my friends or Cory, I'm sorry" I say turning to go upstairs.

I'm on the bottom step of the stairs when I hear her say " I'll see what I can do" and turn and jump into her arms.

"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!" I say hugging her tightly. "It'll only be for like three months anyway, and I'll fly out to visit you whenever I can and-"

"I said I'll see what I can do, don't get your hopes up" she says hugging me back. "But if I can arrange something, I think I can manage three months with a few visits here and there"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

I run upstairs and call to call Cory to explain why I left in such a hurry.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥

Pulling on my spandex shorts, sports bra and grabbing my iPod and earphones I go downstairs and tell my mom I'm off for my run with Kate.

Putting my earphones in my ears, I begin jogging to the wonderful "I bet my life" by Imagine Dragons.

Five minutes later I'm at the park and start stretching while waiting for Kate. Some guys wolf whistle as they drive past in their convertible BMW. I blow a kiss at them and they honk the horn before driving off. I'm used to it by now. It always happens when Kate and I go running.