Chapter Two

Rhyder POV

"What do you mean you cheated?! After all we've been through?!" I yell at the woman I thought was the love of my life for 5 years, while our three month old adopted son screams his head off.

It's nearing midnight, and I woke up not even ten minutes ago to find my wife walk into the room smelling like another woman's perfume and smeared lipstick.

She said she was going out her friends, not out with her fucking side hoe who she'd been with for almost a year already.

"Sorry baby, but I needed someone new," she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest, which was slightly on display through her tight black dress.

I should have known. She never wears clothes like that to meet with her friends.

"Why am I never enough for you?!" I yell at her. "Why do you need other women and not me?! Why can't I be good enough for you?"

She scoffed at me. "You tell me. Why aren't you good enough for me?"

I felt tears well up in my eyes. "I gotta go take care of Mikey. Leave the house by the time I get done with him."

My wife laughed. "Gladly. I don't want you or the kid."

"Good."

* * *

I shoot up out of bed in a cold sweat. After months of being alone, that night still haunts me.

I loved her and she cheated on me. Multiple times. I was just too in love to admit it, I guess.

After multiple minutes of staring up at the ceiling, I go check on Mikey, before I go back to bed and grab my phone. I go to the dating app I met my ex-wife on, and start swiping.

I see a lot of hot girls, but most of them are looking for hookups or serious things.

I was starting to lose hope, until I stumbled upon Collette Singh. She didn't want anything serious, just someone to talk to and maybe go out with. The same things I wanted.

Being super excited, I swiped right, hoping she would also swipe right, and to my excitement she did, so I went straight to the chat, ignoring the old messages between my ex and me.

Rhyder: Hi hun.

Collette: Hi...

Rhyder: So you got dumped by your bf?

Collette: Yeah. His ex wanted him back and he agreed. No biggy.

Rhyder: Seems we are kinda in the same boat. Lol.

Collette: Yeah. Lol. Same boat indeed.

I felt bad, so I changed the subject.

Rhyder: So. . .what do you do for fun?

Collette: Not much. Normally just stay home and read. I go to my dad's on Sundays.

Rhyder: Sounds fun, hun.

Collette: What are some of your hobbies :P

Rhyder: Hiking, doing yoga, talking to cute girls. You know, the normal

Collette: lol

Rhyder: What do you do for work?

Collette: I work on a newspaper in the city, but work from home. Easier that way. What about you?

Rhyder: I also work from home, but I do office work. Nothing exciting like you.

Collette: lol writing editorials for a piece of paper nobody reads anymore isn't very exciting. Very boring if you ask me.

Rhyder: Do you get to meet people?

Collette: Sometimes. Don't like it tho

Rhyder: Not a people person?

Collette: I don't like seeing people unless I choose to.

Rhyder: lol ok

Collette: (:

This girl will be the death of me, I swear, and I haven't even met her yet. Just messaging has be wanting to see her right now. But I know that that's moving too fast. We just met after all.

Maybe after a month of messaging we could meet, but right now that's not an option. Not yet, at least.

Collette: I'm sorry, but my ice cream is melting and I have a movie to watch. Talk later?

Rhyder: Of course hun. Any time ;)

Collette: Ok. Bye.

Rhyder: Bye.

I set down my phone, not being able to keep the smile from my face. This girl is so damn cute, and while I know I should guard my heart because I could get hurt again, I don't want to.

I want to fall. Hard. And hope I can't get back up. I don't want to be cautious around Collette. I want her to be as in love with me as I am her.

I short, I want her. Bad.

* * *

Decided to publish this today so here you go. Hope you all enjoy!

~Peggy 💖