moving to wisconsin

"i miss my friends," i say, frowning. i didn't want to go to wisconsin. it was stupid and i would much rather be back at home. "i know you hate the cold." my mother said, and i rolled my eyes.

"i dont care. can you guys just leave me alone?"

my mother frowned, mirroring my own expression. "you're going to have a great time in wisconsin, just you wait."

i groaned, and pulled out my phone. i missed soup priest. i havent been able to talk to him in a while, because i've had to pack.

me: soup priest, talk to me!!!! 🥺🥺🥺

sanam: shut the fuck up...

kendyl: retweet

soup preist: hey samantha, i cant talk rn, sorry.. getting some stuff done.

me: ok.. i guess 🥺👉👈

libby: die

i shut off my phone. i was worried. did soup priest have a girlfriend or something? was that the "stuff" that he had to do?

it was all i could think about as i passed through the airport security. we were at our terminal when i pulled my phone out again. surely soup priest would talk to me now, right?

me: soup priest, you there?

madeline: does anyone have any cookies?!?!?!

i waited a few moments but there was no response from soup. i felt like crying. maybe soup priest doesnt care about me after all...

no.

he had to care about me! what about all the late nights that we bonded over having food poisoning! i had to stay up until 2 am just to talk to him.. and i would gladly do it again if it meant that i got to talk to him.

"samantha get off your phone!" my dad said. we were about to board the plane, and then i wouldn't be able to talk to anyone on Hay Day for at least 5 hours. ignoring my father, i clicked onto Hay Day one last time in a last ditch effort to get soup priest online.

me: ... soup priest? anyone? im about to get on the plane!!

soup priest: good luck! youre going to miss the sermon tho..

"samantha! put your phone away right now we're already scanning our boarding passes!" my mother shouted at me.

i panicked. i was going to miss a sermon! soup priest probably wouldn't like me anymore. i had been to every sermon so far. this was literally the worst day of my life.

"can you- can you guys please wait just a moment?!" i shouted back.

my mother was scanning my boarding pass. she glared at me, and mouthed "no." the other people in line were staring. i felt my cheeks heat up.

i slipped my phone into my pocket, tears filling my eyes. this was going to be a long plane ride.

--

i leaned back into my car seat. i had managed to sleep the whole time, avoiding talking to anyone including my family. i looked out at the window, seeing nothing but mountains and the few occasional gas stations.

it was exciting, thinking about being in the same state as soup priest. what if we saw each other?

i touched the window. he must be really hot. with fluffy blonde hair and freckles running down over his broad shoulders. with eyes that crinkle when he smiles with long eyelashes that would tickle my face when he kissed me...

i quickly snatched my hand back from the window. where did that thought come from? i had never had those kinds of thoughts about soup priest before...

--

end

authors note: thanks for reading i guess. please feolow me an amake seurethat you leave a comeontns and folow me thak u