Part 8: "Yeah...uh...slight problem"

The Middle of the Night

Zach's POV

I couldn't sleep. For the past three hours I'd been tossing and turning thinking about Savannah and everything that was going on with us.

Not that there even WAS an "us" although there was a fake us...not the point.

I was staring at the ceiling when I heard something in the hallway.

"AH FUCK!"

Was that...Savannah?

I got up and walked to my door. I opened the door and saw Savannah on the ground in the hallway.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to her.

"Kissing the ground. The hell does it look like I'm doing? I fell." She told me.

"Ok so get up."

"Yeah...uh...slight problem." She said, looking up at me.

"What?"

"I can't move my right leg. I think I dislocated my knee."

The more my eyes adjusted to the dark hallway the more I realized she had tears staining her face from the pain.

"My god, Savannah." I bent down and scooped her up and carried her back to her room and put her in her bed.

I turned to grab a pillow from across the room and came back to her. "Lift your leg." I instructed her.

She did as told and I put the pillow under her knee to elevate it.

"Zach!" She whispered to me.

"What?"

"You can elevate it all you want but it needs to be popped back into place."

"Ok so pop it back." I told her.

"Uh don't you think I would've done that back in the hallway dumbass?"

"Ok I know you're in pain but calling the person who's helping you names isn't gonna help." I told her. "Still, I'm not doing it."

"Ok good. So I'll have Brenda drive me to the hospital then and I'll tell her it's because you wouldn't help me." She said, reaching for her phone.

"NO!" I said, stepping between her and her phone. No way in HELL was I having her call Brenda.

"Exactly. So pop it back into place." She told me.

"I...I don't want to..." I told her getting all nervous.

"Why? What's the big deal?"

"I...what if I hurt you?"

"Well it's not gonna be the best feeling in the world Zach." She said, rolling her eyes.

I sighed, "fine."

I bent down and put my hands on either side of her knee.

"I am in no way qualified to do this." I said looking at her.

"I know." She said, grabbing a towel off of the shelf next to her bed.

"But you'll be fine." She said, putting the towel in her mouth to bite on.

"Ok but if I'm hurting you too much..."

She rolled her eyes and I sighed.

Reluctantly I leaned over and managed to pop her knee into place.

As I did so she screamed into the towel making me wince. I didn't exactly enjoy inflicting pain on other people.

"You good?" I said, turning to her.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just need ice." She said through the tears in her eyes.

I walked downstairs and grabbed ice and brought it back to her and put it gently on top of her knee.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked her.

"Yes Zach I'm fine." She said, laughing.

"I hated that."

"I know."