愛 Ai

„Come."  Minhyuk and Kihyun followed their suspicious guide further through the terrain of camp Sunshine after sharing a knowing glaze. They were both thinking the same thing. Even if by any chance this camp wasn't related to their case at hand they still had to do something about it. This just wasn't right.

„When a new participant arrives, we have to evaluate their personal property before it can be returned to him." Han Jiwook then continued to explain, while the three of them passed a family standing near the entry of the camp, sending off their son. A shy looking boy with glasses, probably not older than fifteen, was standing by his parent's car. His shoulders hanging low and his expression sad. His parents – a father with a hard and cold expression and a mother with tears in her eyes - were bidding him goodbye. Telling him to become a better person and grow into a man. Kihyun felt like throwing up witnessing this scene.

„Items like musical soundtracks or diaries are destroyed. Long hair is cut, dyed hair shaved, no earrings. That sort of thing." Han Jiwook continued and described the further steps of the procedure.

„The watch is standard for everyone?" Kihyun asked. He had noticed that Han Jiwook and all the boys they had seen walking around the camp or working at the different stations had worn the exact same watch.

„Cellphones aren't permitted. The watches are so that no one will be late to any of their lessons. Structure and timeliness become an important part of promoting change."

„And what if someone breaks the rules?" Minhyuk decided to ask carefully. This didn't seem like the kind of place that would let troublemakers off easily.

„It's uncommon." was the quick answer he received. A little too quick.

„Uncommon but not unheard of." Minhyuk remarked in a knowing tone. He knew that he once again had hit bullseye with his question. Exactly that kind of question the camp wouldn't want anyone to ask.

„Occasionally, a student will act out or reject certain elements of the program."

„What happens to those who act out?" Kihyun tried again. Asking the right questions often had a way better effect on people than they wanted to admit. After years of experience Kihyun and the others of the team had learned to read the smallest movements in someone's face or the chance in someone's actions. He could see if someone was lying or if those people were hiding something. And that was exactly the kind of expression Han Jiwook was showing at the moment.

„Advanced therapy under supervision or a senior counselor." Han Jiwook answered after hesitating a little the moment they passed one of the public restrooms on the campus. A boy was waiting in front of the door, blocking Minhyuk's sight slightly but he still managed to read the 'One person at a time in restroom' sign. They were really doing everything to keep the boys away from each other. The management of the camp seemed to be even scared about the fact that the boys could see each other partly naked even during restroom breaks.

„Could you be more specific?" he tried to investigate a little more.

„I'm afraid I can't." It was weird how Han Jiwook managed to talk in the same kind of tone and with the same kind of expression throughout the whole tour around camp sunshine despite the fact that the disliked the presence of the two agents and was uncomfortable with their questions. „Parents and staff sign confidentiality agreements to protect the parents' right to privacy." Minhyuk noticed how one of the other supervisors looked one of the rooms with a padlock.

„And what about the children's rights?" he asked. How could it be that the privacy of the parents was more important than the children's rights? He was sure that the parents who sent their sons to this kind of place were more concerned about the neighbors judging eyes on them than the wellbeing of their own children. Despite the beautiful nature and the nice and welcoming tone of Han Jiwook he felt less and less comfortable at this place.