Chapter six

What I neglected to tell Daniel is that I already knew how to fight. I wasn't as good as him of course, and I didn't know how to fight to kill, which was exactly what he was going to teach me, but I could still definitely kick ass. The majority of the second week I spent with them I spent fighting. They called it training, but I didn't know what we were training for. I mean, they seemed like a pretty nice and friendly gang who didn't have enemies, so I wasn't expecting to go into war with another gang or anything.

Like I said before I had a job at a boxing gym. I spent all day every day at the boxing gym after the first few months my dad died. I learned how to get all my anger and stress out about my dad in punches. So it's safe to say Daniel was more than surprised when I could get him on the ground in a matter of seconds. I knew he was going easy on me, and I absolutely hate when people do that, so I did what my boss, well my old boss, taught me and took whatever was making me angry and turned it into smart fighting.

    It was about half way throughout the second week when I had started to get good. Don't ask me how I learned to fight to kill in a matter of a week and a half by the way, I have no idea. At first when we had started fighting he taught me how to punch with the self made punching bag. Me being me though I wanted to impress him, so I didn't bring up the fact that I had spent the last year and a half in and out of boxing gyms and acted like I was just that good.

    He seemed pretty impressed, but not enough to not go easy on me when we were fighting in the self made ring. The ring was made out of old sticks and pipes from the hospital and bungee cords. The punching gloves were just gloves wrapped in athletic tape a bunch of times.

In the ring, Daniel taught me how to hurt people. Before, my boss taught me how to defend myself. Daniel taught me the opposite. After fights and the hours of training we did every day, he would always remind me about something. He would say, "remember, only use these strategies when you have to, if you don't, then just defend yourself." The strategies being how to kill someone.

    I caught on really fast, by the end of the second day of training I ended up pinning Daniel to the ground in a fight. I know he wasn't actually fighting his hardest, but he was still impressed. Daniel was very kind and easy to be around. He laughed at my jokes and I laughed at his. Turns out Daniel was only nineteen. He was really buff, which was different from Jax, who seemed to be more tall and skinny then strong and big. He had dark skin, a poorly done buzzcut, and always wore a leather jacket unless we were working out. His nose looked a little messed up, like it had been busted or something. I never got to ask him about it though.

He stayed with Jax alot. I think he was Jax's bitch or something, I don't remember. I remember that he was like me though. He could be nice, but could also potentially kill you. I could see it in his eyes that he was holding back a lot of darkness.  He was different from Olivia and Jax. Instead of being super nice all the time like Olivia and super tough like Jax, he was a mix of both. He knew when to be rough when we were fighting and when I could take it but he also knew when I needed to take a break. Daniel was especially great when I had a panic attack.

    It happened at the end of my second week being there. It was around eight in the morning, which is when we would start training. Jax liked us to start in the morning, that way we would have enough light left in the day to do our daily tasks. Also so that Daniel would have enough time to practice fighting with people more his size and skill level.

    We were practicing fighting with knives. We used the plastic knives that were found in the old kitchen in the abandoned hospital, that way no one would get seriously hurt. Knives were all they had. They didn't have access to guns or swords or anything, just things like pocket knives as weapons. That's what they let me think. Hospitals didn't usually have anything too dangerous. Maybe a few scalpels and such, but that was pretty much the gist. There wasn't a lot left in the hospital, at least not when I got there.