Chapter 5

Louis' POV-

Work felt completely different the next day. During my whole shift, I kept smiling like a total idiot, and my positive attitude actually ended up roping in more tips than normal, so I couldn't complain. 

I kept looking towards the front door of the restaurant, searching for Cecilia, but everytime my eyes fell in that direction, she wasn't there. Nonetheless, that didn't change my mood at all. I kept whistling to myself as I mixed and poured drinks or singing the songs that were playing through the intercom.

In the back of my head I wondered if Jacob had ended up coming over to her apartment and she simply couldn't come, or if she had somehow forgotten or changed her mind.

About 30 minutes before my shift's end, and when my back was turned as I dried glasses, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

Quickly, I whizzed around and saw her leaning over the bar-a huge smile on her face.

"Hey!" she beamed.

"Hi" I smiled back. "I thought you weren't going to come"

"Of course I came" she giggled. "How's work going?"

"Good" I set down the glass. "Just been cleaning up here since I'm off soon"

"Has it been busy?" she slid onto one of the stools and propped her chin in her hands.

"Busier than usual" I nodded. "I definitely have received more tips than I usually do"

"That's always nice" she replied.

"I know you don't drink, but I feel like I'm supposed to offer you something, anyways" I paused. "Or I can get you some water?"

"I might cruise the menu" she smirked.

I picked up the card stock menu and handed it to her. I noticed her nails were painted a pastel pink. It was really pretty against her skin tone. I don't think she had them that way the previous night, so perhaps she had gotten them done earlier?

"What would a professional bartender, such as yourself, recommend?" she tilted her head.

"What would I recommend?" I chuckled. "I'd recommend something strong, or a simple beer, but I doubt you would like that very much"

"You're right" she agreed. 

"Have you ever drank before?" I wondered.

She shook her head. 

"Why?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged. "I don't know, just thought it smelled bad, I guess. The smell always makes me feel sick"

"I know something you might like" I started to turn around, but then realized I almost made a mistake that could very well get me fired. "Do you have your I.D. on you?"

"Always" she reached into her pocket and showed me her driver's license through the clear pocket of her wallet.

Quickly, I scanned it and saw that she was 23.

I turned back around and picked up a margarita glass before sliding the rim in lime juice and rolling it with salt. In a separate glass I added tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau. Reaching over, I grabbed the metal cup I used to help mix flavors and tightly held it on top of the glass with the alcohol in it. Roughly and carefully, I shook it all together until I knew everything was mixed properly. I added some ice to the rimmed glass and poured my mix over it. Lastly, I added a slice of lime to the rim and brought it back to the counter to her.

"What is it?" she wondered.

"A classic, lime margarita" I answered, sticking two black sticks in it. "It's not too strong-more on the sweet side"