PILOT - Maddison Hall

"Steven, could you deliver this bouquet to The Dakota please?" Maddison says as she gives her final touches to the arrangements of carnations.

Steven took the flower and left the store to deliver the flowers. Maddison shoot a smile at him and mouthed thank you. She sighs as she sat down after 3 hours of completing 15 orders of bouquets. This flower shop had always been like a dream for her. Since she was little, she always loves to pick some flowers and make anything possible with them, she arranged the flowers in every vase she found in the orphanage, she made some paint with the wildflowers she found on the yard. There is some connection between her and flowers that Maddison herself can't explain.

She was about to fall asleep when the shop's telephone rang. She sighs once again and pick up the phone. "Sunshine florist, how can I help you today?"

"Hey Maddison, It's me Ben. I don't know how but my mother is already in front of our house she needs to get in." The other line said.

"What? Where? How?" Maddison is dumbfounded. She felt attacked. To add more she is not in the mood to serve her mother-in-law's complaints about her marriage with Ben. Her mother-in-law loves Ben so much and she can't keep her hands off of their marriage since day one. Not to mention how they are still childless makes her bitchier towards Maddison. Even after thousands of time Ben explain to her that they have planned for that.

"I know babe, I'm so sorry. I'm still in Sacramento and she won't listen to me when I told her no one is home." Ben explains.

"But there are a lot of orders that hasn't been picked up yet, Steven is out delivering an order. How can I leave the shop?" Maddison explained.

Right at that time the bell on the front door chimes and a woman holding a box of office stationaries come in.

"Oh, thank god Joanna." Maddison sighs. "Ben, I'll ask Joanna to look after the shop and I will go home right now." She ends the call and abruptly took her jacket and purse.

Joanna who has just arrived feels really confused and making 'I need an explanation' face. Maddison explain everything in a rush and Joanna totally understand her circumstances. After a few months helping Maddison to manage the shop Joanna doesn't mind at all.

Joanna has been a good friend to Maddison since they were in the orphanage. They are inseparable since the first time they met. Even after Maddison moved out of the orphanage, they are still hanging out together after school.

"Weren't we are going to hang out at 7. Betty and Ames are not even here yet." Maddison said. "Hold up, are you fired or something? Why do you have a box of your stuff with you?" Maddison asked as she get herself ready.

"No, I resigned. That guy is rubbing his dick when he asked me to go into his office." Joanna vented.

"Oh, I'm so sorry honey. We should definitely talk about this but I have an emergency right now." Maddison says as she pats Joanna's shoulder.

"Yeah, I understand that's also sucks." Joanna said.

"I know," Maddison nodded. She makes a sad face.

"Come back in one piece yeah?" Joanna Jokes.

Maddison smiles sarcastically, open the door and leave the shop.

Maddison walks in to her building's hallway and feels sweat dripping down her temples, her stomach does not feel right even her chest feels like something sat on it.

Even before Maddison saw her mother-in-law, that wicked lady who happens to be Ben -Maddison's soulmate- has already ranting her complaints a lot of mumbling and annoying sound come out of her mouth.

"What took you so long? I have to walk here for miles and when I'm arrived no one is even here to open the door for me." She sighs. "My feet are swollen; do you want to take responsibility for it!?" Although she said it in a low voice the anger in Maddison's body started to rise up.

"Sorry Michelle, I was at the shop there was a lot of orders." Only God and her knows how much she wants to raise her voice at her. She tries to calm herself down as she opens the lock.

"Well, I never received one how am I supposed to know how well your shop is doing." Michelle said.

"Sorry Ben must've been busy." Maddison said with a smile in her face. She had practiced to make a fake smile look as real as possible for 5 years, ever since they got married. Don't get Maddison wrong, she loved her husband so much to the point she is scared that she loved him too much and that make God test their love a million times harder than how couples usually have. This –Her mother-in-law and her attitude— is not even 100% and she could handle it, she thought.

"Yeah, it's all my Benny's fault." Michelle's chirps.

'GOOD GOD!'