Chapter 8 - Almost Mine

Your POV

Your POV

I got out of bed and packed up my basketball shoes and jersey. I refilled my water bottle and changed into my uniform. I slipped on a Nekoma jacket the whole team got before putting on my shoes. Kuroo and I began walking to school after eating breakfast.

"Soo y/n, what did you tell Akaashi?"

"Oh well I basically thanked him for being there for me and I told him that I'm not sure if I like him or not."

"You don't know? I thought you liked him back."

"Well, I'm not really sure. Like yah, he's super cute but I don't know enough about him really like him you know?" 

"Nope" 

"Well I did tell him we should hang out soon." 

"hang out or go on a date?" 

"I wrote that we should hang out cause I wanted to see if he'd actually ask me out or not." He just nodded and I headed towards my class.

Timeskip to after school

"Hey Yumi" 

"Hiiii!" We both got on the bus and sat next to each other. 

"So did Akaashi tell you anything in response?" I sent her a picture of my letter so she already knew what I had written. 

"No, not yet." 

"Do you think he'll go to our game today? We are playing Fukurodani." 

"I'm not sure. Maybe if Bokuto-san goes to see you" I said with a smirk. 

"Kotaro is so cutee. If you and Akaashi start dating we need to go on a double date." 

"We'll see if he asks me out." 

"I hope he does. You guys look so cute together and the way he looks at you is the cutest thing ever." 

"Well, we'll just wait and see. I'm pretty sure that if he does, I'm going to fall for him." 

We reached the gym and all filed off the bus. We had 30 minutes before the game. We changed into our jerseys and stepped onto the court to warm up. I noticed there were less people in the crowds compared to yesterday but I did notice Bokuto-san. Akaashi wasn't next to him though. Maybe he couldn't make it. I shook it off and rounded up the team. 

"Okay guys, Fukurodani is very similar to us but they also tend to play a bit dirty. They're fast and have a decent shot. They're defense is a bit weaker than us but they tend to foul a lot when the refs aren't looking. We can win as long as we keep our defense up and stay persistent. Now, let's go win so we can win this whole tournament!!" They nodded and we headed towards Coach Ito. He told us the starters would be me, Yumi, Kanazaki, Hori, and Tsubaki. Hori, Yumi, and Tsubaki are all posts while Kanazaki and I are guards. Tsubaki stepped towards the middle of the court for the jump ball. The ref threw the ball up and the game started.