introduction

"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨?"

"𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐩."

"𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐨...."

"𝐨𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡."

𝑺𝒆𝒕 𝑼𝒑
𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗇 𝗉𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗇

𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 !

Ryder Natalia Lynn was no ordinary teenage girl. She didn't care for much, especially not school. Most of the time, she'd be in the principals office getting disciplined even if her uncle ran the entire school. Most people thought that was why she was always causing trouble, but to her, she just wanted to live life to the fullest not matter the consequences that came with it.

On her first day of freshman year, it was no surprise that she tried to cause trouble, scaring the new incoming freshman varsity team that would soon become some of her best friends. She wasn't sure if they wanted to befriend her because she was funny, or because they were scared of her. Either way, they were some of the best people she would ever meet.

Dean Portman was quite a mystery. Staying in Chicago while his teammates joined together at Eden Hall Academy, he never got the chance to meet Ryder. The two only knew each other by their first names considering their friend Fulton thought they'd be perfect for each other. They didn't know a single thing about each other, just their names and that they were awfully alike.

Ryder never though she could fall so hard for someone she has never met. She never fell for anyone that is. She never paid attention to boys let alone had a boy friend. The only boys she talked to were on the varsity hockey team and they were all a family towards her. However Dean Portman became special to her, and she became special to him. There was just a certain spark each of them had when they heard each other's name. Like they were meant to be.

Fulton Reed was going to do everything in his power to be a matchmaker and get Ryder and Dean together. He grew to know both of them like the back of his hand and knew that they were practically the same person. He even went to Ryders best friend in hopes to help, and she was right on it. They both wanted their best friends to be happy, so the only way they knew to do so was to have one big set up.