04. the race

Everybody wanna steal my girl.

Like in every film, the female lead leaves the dressing room, blowing up the male lead's brain

Like in every film, the female lead leaves the dressing room, blowing up the male lead's brain. So let's go ahead with what happened after Kai drooled over MC.

“See you at the party, ladies.” Kai bowed and MC smiled shyly.

“Wait, you're seriously leaving like that? Taking the Tributo and going to the party at what, 70kph?” Joy asks, possibly making fun of Jongin.

The man laughs.

“You want to race till SM?” He asks, starting a challenge and Sooyoung doesn't back up.

“So you guys want to race through Hannam the day of Junmyeon's birthday?” Seulgi shocks her head, laughing at the situation that wasn't funny at all for MC.

“You in, hag?” Joy challenges Seulgi, who playfully glares.

“Who you're calling hag, you giraffe? Look at this hag's face: she's going to beat the crap out of you.” Seulgi indicates her face.

“Yeah, sure gran.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes in amusement.

“Listen, you little-”

MC gulps and everyone hears her, because her life kind of sucks.

“Come on, I can't even gulp peacefully? AND ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS ABOUT THE WHOLE RACE THING?!” MC becomes breathless.

“Yes, they're for real. But don't worry, babe. You're riding with me. I'm the best and I won't get you killed.” Yeri says with what is becoming her signature smirk.

MC can't hide the fact that she's scared, but excited at the same time.

“Yerim, stay in your lane. MC is my date, she'll ride with me.” Kai debates.

“Let her pick, then. With who would you feel safer, love?” Yeri hides her giggles when she sees MC's frustrated face.

“Uh, can I go with Wendy?”

Kai and Yeri's expressions cause the others to laugh.

“The girl decided. She's coming with me. In fact, I'm her best option right now.” Wendy says, evidently enjoying the whole situation.

“Come on, you can't just steal my date!” Kai crosses his arms. The poor guy.

“Everybody wanna steal my girl~” Wendy starts to sing.

“Not cool, Wendy. Not cool.” He shakes his head helplessly, as Wendy holds MC's hand and takes her away to the boutique's private parking lot.

MC is set with Wendy. Irene decides to go with Seulgi, everyone else takes their own car.

A beautiful flag girl starts the countdown, as the drivers get ready.

Joy's Maserati GranTurismo takes the lane next to Seulgi's Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

“Prepare to lose, hag.” Sooyoung smirks.

“We'll see, person that is a hag herself, as she's literally two years younger than me.” Seulgi answers from her lowered window.

But the best part was Wendy causally getting her Bugatti Veyron to the start line, like it was not a big deal. MC meanwhile was having a nose bleed.

“So yes, i'm supposed to say a badass sentence and glare, but I won't pretend like I have grudge against you and will only wish you good luck. You'll need it with me racing with this lucky charm on my side.” Wendy indicates MC and the latter melts.

Everyone laughs genuinely and then when the flag is brought down, they start the race.

MC could've sworn that she saw the light slow down at how quickly Wendy was going.

“WENDYYYYYYY PLEASE SLOW DOWN, WE'RE GOING TO DIE-”

Wendy laughs.

“Firstly, I can't slow down or we lose. Second, don't worry. I promised I'll keep you safe and I never break my promises.”

MC takes a relaxed breath when she locks eyes with Wendy through the rear-view mirror.

'This woman has healing superpowers or something.'

They arrive, but MC was still busy admiring Wendy's gentle features. She didn't even enjoy the race that much. She had much better to look at, in fact.

“I WON!” Wendy's voice startles MC and wakes her up from her daydream.

“Ugh, bet we'll never hear the end of it now.” Yeri sighs.

“Well, as long as the winner is not the hag...” Joy says, making Seulgi roll her eyes.

They can't hold the serious facade for long and end up shaking hands and congratulating each other for the good race.

“I'm asking for a refund.” Everyone was happy but Kai. He was sad.

“Yes, sure. Le Salon de Genève would definitely accept it back and put it on display again.” Seulgi sneers.

“You guys, let's get in. We're super late.” Irene says and leads the group inside the building.

Everybody wanna take her heart away