𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮

"Yes."

Nene jumped at the voice. "H-huh?"

"I'm here. Do you have a wish?" Nene couldn't see where the voice came from.

"A w-wish?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm a wish-granting ghost. So, do you have a wish?" Nene thought about it.

"I want to see the boy who talked to me today.

"Which one? No. 1-- Err, Akane? Lemon?" Nene shook her head.

"N-no, the one who hugged me and told me he loved me." Nene nodded at her answer. "Yeah."

"Mhh-hmm. And why do you want to see him again?" The voice asked.

"B-because I want to tell him t-that I think l-love him." Nene blushed. The voice was silent for a minute.

"How can you be in love with him? You've barely met him."

"W-well, he left me a love l-letter, and he's really nice. A-and, um, cute." Nene blushed harder.

"I can grant your wish, but there will be a price. Are you prepared to pay?" Nene nodded.

"Y-yes."

"Alright. You'll see him sometime in the next week."

Nene's eyes lit up. "Thank you! A-and," she paused. "You're the boy. You're him, aren't you?"

The voice was silent.

"Thank you." Nene promptly left.

~~_~~

Nene had never been so excited for school. Today was the last day of the week Hanako had given her, so today she would see him.

When Nene arrived at school, she found a single red rose on her desk. An orange and pink ribbon decorated the top of the stem. Nene blushed.

"It's so pretty," she mused.

"Nene-chan, do you have a secret admirer?" Aoi asked. Nene jumped.

"O-oh, Aoi-chan! I d-didn't see you there." Aoi smiled.

"Nene-chan, what are you holding?" Nene looked down at the rose in her hand.

"A rose."

"I can see that! But who's it from?" Aoi bumped Nene's shoulder with her own. Nene laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe a boy?"

"Tell me if you find out!"

Aoi grinned and skipped away, leaving Nene to ponder the rose's sender's identity. 

A/N:

The rose's sender's identity? I don't know . . . (Yes I do XD) 

I really like The Letter, The Rose, and The Note. I made the cover on a whim but didn't use it-- until about a month later, when I got an amazing request where I could work it in.

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~